Drive Control Malfunction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr Racecraft

I’ma need about 3.50
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2019 is doing this starting tonight as well. Just turned it on to go to work and the light was on, no stalling but can't shift drive or steering modes. Left a VM for the dealer, they open on monday, I'll lyk. Full stock

OP
OP
Navy Doc

Navy Doc

Reaction score
Happened again 2 days ago. Since my last post it happened 4 times.

The Drive Control Module ordered by my dealer back in March finally arrived. I’ll post an update once it’s replaced.

8515F046-A7E5-4449-9B97-80F143A7E118.jpeg

OP
OP
Navy Doc

Navy Doc

Reaction score
So the dealer I went to (different from original), managed to replicate the issue by wiggling the solenoid damper on the rear right shock. The tech said it was out of spec and that part would need to be ordered. Back to waiting.

There’s a TSB the tech showed me that states the shock does not need to be removed for the solenoid to be replaced. TSB #SSM 48658 - if you have this issue let the tech know of this TSB so they don’t do more than what’s needed.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Man, sorry you’re having this trouble. I know that has to be annoying as all get out.

OP
OP
Navy Doc

Navy Doc

Reaction score
It’s been a pain to own this truck. Between this issue and getting the paint fixed, I spent 12 days going to the dealer.

I tend to forget the pain when I go into sport mode and mash on the accelerator. Still, I could use less time at the dealer or in a dealer provided rental.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is a nice truck when all is working well. I can imagine 12 trips to the dealer plain sucks. Hope you can finally get things resolved and move past this mess.