Drive control malfunction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
That sucks too many electronics with the live shocks. Polaris used them last year on RZR and don't have them as an option anymore maybe electrical issues. Hope you guys get them sorted out.
Interested to know why...

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Finally took her into the dealer as the malfunction was happening every time I started it. They have diagnosed front right shock and have ordered one in for me. So far they are saying covered under warranty. We'll see when I pick it up in 2 days.

I find it concerning that the 19 shocks are so fragile and can put it into limp mode so easily. Hopefully these are a couple of fluke examples. I might have to spring for the Icon or RPG damper interface in case it goes down when on a run.

Larry Morgan

Reaction score
I have the same issue on my ‘19. I have Eibach springs. Reckon that may be a factor?

This truck is way too finicky - way too much fragile electric crap.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
It's not the Eibach springs and dont let them tell you it is. Definitely get an extended warranty for this one!

Cutter

Reaction score
NO, I don't think its a fluke. We picked up a 2020 and within 300 miles we got the" Drive Control Malfunction" Called the dealership and they told us to stop driving it and they would come pick it up, luckily we were at our business. The dealer was there within a couple hours with a rental and took it. Now a week later they are saying they can't repeat the issue. My response was why do you need to repeat it, the history is in the computer and the message was on the screen when you drove away. Just resetting/clearing the code is not going to be satisfactory fix to the problem. When we bought our 2018 we had a issue that affected the radio/screen/navigation and there answer was to reset/clear it. It worked perfectly until the truck was about 4000 miles out of warranty. When we took the truck back and told the dealer it was previous issue documented they still tried to charge us 900 for the computer replacement. Took a formal complaint to corporate and the help of a friend at another dealership to get the issue covered under warranty. Not going through that again.

Phil O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not the Eibach springs and dont let them tell you it is. Definitely get an extended warranty for this one!
Yeah, I have Eibach springs but I actually had this issue pop up prior. Before that notification would come on then when I shut my truck off it would go away. All of a sudden yesterday it came on and never shut off. Hope they don’t try to blame my Eibach springs on this and not warranty it.

Julian Rivera

Reaction score
my 2020 just gave me a "Drive Control Malfunction" error message this morning. It is stuck in normal mode. The dealer can't get the truck in for 2 days. Do you think I should not be driving it until then?