Drive Control Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday on the highway, I got the error message "Drive Control Fault Service required". At 3600 miles. Cant change steering, drive mode, suspension, etc and truck rides like crap. Researching, it seems like this could be tied to the sensors on the shocks. Rather than dig around I called the dealer I bought the truck from and they told me soonest I could get in was end of August. I hung the phone up, called another dealer and take it in on Tuesday.

Anyone run into this error on a Gem 3 yet? Seems like plenty of Gen 2s have had this fault code thrown.

OP
OP
cdiddy4224

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No idea....I went to the live valve shocks, made sure all of the sensors were seated correctly, then went to the fuses under the hood and pushed them all down. Seemed like quite a few fuses weren't seated all the way. Ever since i did this, it hasn't happened again.

cscape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar thing happen to me when I was driving a couple weeks ago. I pulled off the road and restarted the truck and it was fine. I’m having the dealer scan it to see if there were any stored faults while it’s getting the AC TSB figured out.

dirtybird222

Reaction score
I had this happen to me yesterday while driving at highway speeds. MY22 Raptor, 8k miles. Checked the fuse box - lots of loose fuses but not the issue. Got under the car and started checking the pig tails on the solenoids to the shocks and found this. The zip tie holding the harness up failed and caused the wire to be chafed either the tie rod or front axle. Local dealer ordered a new solenoid with a harness for me with a zip tie and some electrical tape as a temp fix.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you end up going in and did this happen again? Mine is doing it now.

Attachments

• 0612AC0E-6716-48AD-B4B6-AFAD2856ACCD.jpeg
    0612AC0E-6716-48AD-B4B6-AFAD2856ACCD.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 19
Reaction score
I got this as a result of trying to recal my shocks and had too much weight in the back of the truck. Removed the weight, recal’d and it went away.

cdodgela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got this as a result of trying to recal my shocks and had too much weight in the back of the truck. Removed the weight, recal’d and it went away.
Same here, my '23 37pp apparently had a little too much weight in the back when I recal'd the height sensors, got the drive control fault, couldn't change drive mode, etc.. Didn't think I had that much in the back, took a few days of frustration and troubleshooting until I propped the rear up about an inch and it calibrated. Nothing to do with the op's problem, but might be related to ride height sensors for sure.

Reaction score
Same here, my '23 37pp apparently had a little too much weight in the back when I recal'd the height sensors, got the drive control fault, couldn't change drive mode, etc.. Didn't think I had that much in the back, took a few days of frustration and troubleshooting until I propped the rear up about an inch and it calibrated. Nothing to do with the op's problem, but might be related to ride height sensors for sure.
Yep. if OP has access to Forscan you can run/read the active shock height to see if one is way out of spec and even bounce the truck while reading to make sure all height sensors are operational.