GEN 2 Drilling into floor, rear cabin wall, and plastic console.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

William Henglein

Reaction score
I’m needing to drill into the floor under the passenger seat and behind the drive side rear seat backrest.

Under the passenger seat I’m installing a charging port to keep a backup jumpstarter always charged and will store it there. I’m wanting to install some magnet hangers behind the rear seat backrest.

I guess I could drill shallow holes and use sheet metals screws. I’ve also thought about a “rivet nut tool”. I have not used one yet but I imagine the area on the other side of the metal should be hollow to allow for a rivet place.

Lastly I want to put one of those gun magnets on the center console.

Any suggests on how to mount stuff in these three areas? Anything on the other side of the metal I need to worry about? Any idea if the plastic on the center console is hollow so I can install a rivet?

Thanks for any input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A step drill will be your friend! Also, be sure whats on the other side of where youre drilling, and use some sort of grommet to prevent chafing.

VelociRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the gun magnet, i used Gorilla glue, works like a champ, magnet is glued strong and holds my Glock even when off roading baja-style.

VelociRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the gun magnet, i used Gorilla glue, works like a champ, magnet is glued strong and holds my Glock even when off roading baja-style.

TiNyLoBo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Random info:
The console caddy is strong enough to drill into and hold my radio, so if you wanted to mount your gun beneath it for extra hidden goodness, you absolutely could.