Drill holes in the bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuthJL

Reaction score
So I am looking for bike rack solutions. I have a hitch mount rack but it makes a long truck even longer. I haven't found anything that has tickled my fancy. On here I saw someone use a SeaSucker Thru-Axle Fork Mount attached to one of the tie down handles. I did that but I get too much movement from the handle.

I was thinking about drilling holes in the bed and attaching ******** it directly to the bed. I would probably do this on the bottom of the bed, not on the side or side rails.

I am looking for opinions and impressions of this idea. Pros and cons? Part of me says "DO NOT put holes in the bed" but the other part of me says "its a truck".

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
dril holes....fill and use a bedliner when time to selll.....make it the next guys problem.

dart raptor

Reaction score
I used rocky mount it uses holes already in the bed . Uses the f150 rack . Takes up no room in the bed .

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bolted angle aluminum across the clip on tie downs, I have 4 rocky mount TA axles on it. 100% removable

Ron's Rap

Reaction score
bike.jpg I used a piece of plywood, attached the bike mounts to it and painted it black.

Last edited:

coachhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I built this out of pvc. Can get three bikes in. No drilling. Cost me $100 in materials.

ac330678d00534b811ad260d9f7e7205.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adllewis42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What wrong with drilling holes in the bed? I drilled holes in mine to mount a fridge slide. Made the holes, put in some rivnuts, and called it a day.

coachhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think there is ANYTHING wrong with drilling through the bed. I actually replaced the bed hooks on the inside of the of the bed with bigger ones and had to drill. Just wanted to offer a different solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk