Dredded Front Suspension Clunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure but i bet they cant be more that $20-30... I will do some research but, I personally feel that these aftermarket companies should offer them to people... Especially if you buy a set of new shocks...

+1 to that!

moodster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have lived with since the day it came off lot.
Got the normal TSB Ford answer at first.Told them no that's not normal,and have had it the dealer twice with lots of work and time in it.
After getting a field service tech involved and many calls to SVT and Ford,they finally have sent a new lower a frame,some bushings and 1 new shock for the right hand side.
It goes in Tuesday,after I get it back I will post if it is actually fixed.
The dealer has done all of KHC fixes and more and can't get rid of clanking.
If you guys think you have this issue,get it to dealer.The more Ford hears about it,the quicker it gets fixed.

OP
OP
khcdave

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Guys I am going to look into a new lower shock bolt that is possibly upsized. gotta check it out as soon as i get chance

moodster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my truck back from dealer today.
Drove to work on bad bumpy roads and I have good news!
After living with this for 22k miles it seems fixed.
They put a new shock in,a lower control arm and new hardware.
I want to let it get a little cooler out to give fianal impression,but it seems way better!
The little noise we have now seems to be from left front now,but right front is good to go.

moodster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to fill you guys in.
I got my truck back after they replaced the driver side shock and lower control arm and I can say it is all quiet.If you are having these symptoms,keep on your dealer,there is just to much slop in the bottom control arms and just trying to tighten the crap out of the bolt just does not work.
I'm very pleased now.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've dealt with this for years, can't believe I never found this thread... fwd'd original post to my ford tech, rattle free now! Thanks Dave

n4xxr76

Reaction score
I've dealt with this for years, can't believe I never found this thread... fwd'd original post to my ford tech, rattle free now! Thanks Dave

What did they say the cause was in your case? I still can't get mine to go away!

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was in getting a CV replaced and just asked them to re-torque the lower shock bolt down again as described by Dave. I had my shocks out a few months back, it likely didn't get torqued down enough or as described.