Dreaded 6.2 misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rustyj41

Reaction score
Alright so I've been searching for a hot minute checking various things on the truck to try to identify my misfire.

Here is the problem: a multiple cylinder misfire. idle bounces a little but not much. Using FORScan and the mode 6, it detects a cylinder misfire usually on cylinder 2/6 at 1450ish RPMs. Once the RPMs get a little higher it smooths out and there is no mirefire.

Truck mods: 6.2L, Roush S/C phase 2, 72mm pulley, 91 octane, LT headers, unknown tune (JDM tune - just got the tune today - not installed), NGK 6510, new COPs, new wires, air filter clean.

I tried: replacing all plugs, COPs, and wires. I will install new CPV, and JDM tune this afternoon.

Am I overlooking something easy?

BoostedToy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yet another example of a reason to include 5.4L in this section title and 6.2L in the other. I made the same mistake until someone pointed out to me I should have posted in the 6.2L forum.