Downshifting by itself

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine did this too. I had set the cruise at 35 MPH about 3 miles earlier and used the pedal to "go". When I got to a long downhill, I let off the gas..... downshifts several gears to 35 MPH and I put it together that the cruise was still on.

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Mine did this too. I had set the cruise at 35 MPH about 3 miles earlier and used the pedal to "go". When I got to a long downhill, I let off the gas..... downshifts several gears to 35 MPH and I put it together that the cruise was still on.

OMFG!!!! That's it! You're my hero, phydough.:favorites37:

I read your post and was like, wait a minute, I always use my cruise control through this 40mph speed trap (It's a famous 2 mile section of highway- cop there every ******* day- too tempting to speed).

Well after that is when it started happening, for the next 20 or so miles of highway. Guess I never touched my brakes after I originally set the CC and the truck was trying to take me back down to 40mph!

I love you *************!:leghump:

Like Pirate always says, 'check the simple things first'.:waytogo:

Last edited: