Downshifting by itself

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
WTF? Any time I let off accelerator now and coast, truck starts to aggresively shift down through the gears. Sure scrubs off the speed quick!

No tow/haul or off-road mode activated.

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Seems any speed. First time I let off doing about 80 then tried it at slower speeds with same result.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HAH! That's what you get for sticking up for Toyota!!! lol

Strange, is the check engine light on? Wonder if the electro valve body thinks its in tow/haul all the time. Bet FMS06 might know.

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
HAH! That's what you get for sticking up for Toyota!!! lol

Strange, is the check engine light on? Wonder if the electro valve body thinks its in tow/haul all the time. Bet FMS06 might know.

Ha! I knew someone was going to say it. I'll bet this wouldn't happen on a Tundra!!!:crazy:

I just took it back out for a 20 minute drive and it's not doing it so IDK.

Man, I don't need trans. problems- my Chevy 3/4 ton is starting to slip. On a side note has anyone put that Lucas trans treatment in anything? I bought a bottle for the Chebby.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Ha! I knew someone was going to say it. I'll bet this wouldn't happen on a Tundra!!!:crazy:

I just took it back out for a 20 minute drive and it's not doing it so IDK.

Man, I don't need trans. problems- my Chevy 3/4 ton is starting to slip. On a side note has anyone put that Lucas trans treatment in anything? I bought a bottle for the Chebby.

supposedly the lucas trans additive does work to get a little extra life out of a crap trans

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe some codes are still in history for the tech at the dealer to review. I bet it's nothing major. I can't remember any completely failed 6r80's come in our shop. They seem to be holding up well-so far.

If the chebby trans is slipping, I doubt the lucas will help or hurt anything. Once the clutches smoke, the only thing you can do is rebuild it.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
5.4 or 6.2 when you let off the throttle does it mildly slow you down or does it agressively slow you down? Brake drag can be issue on 10 f-150 due to stop lamp switch adjustment. If anything I'm thinking it will lead to possible PCM/TCM update adaptive shift strategy clear and relearn.