GEN 2 Downpipes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

borzraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to pick up a set of the SPD Catless Downpipes. Was wondering if I needed to change anything else if I buy just the downpipes. I want to run catless downpipes + stock exhaust (and for now a stock tune). And if any of you have the catless downpipes from SPD, let me know what you guys think of them.

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the deal with these added aftermarket parts? What increase will these provide for me? Just trying to figure out what benefit I'd see besides getting cool aftermarket parts:)

Lags

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you talked to SPD? I am surprised “catLESS” was even in the conversation. Catted has proven to sound better, provide better HP, and flow just as well.

I have their adapters, “catted” down pipes, and stock exhaust. It sounds great, way better air flow, turbo whine is louder and sounds beautiful, and I would guess alone, provided me 20-30 extra horses.

I say guess because within the same install, I added colder spark plugs, 170 T-stat, SVC intercooler, S&B intake, and a custom tune from GOOSETUNED through the COBB Accessport. You MUST tune that puppy, no regrets!

My truck is a beast!!!!

alcoolaid

Reaction score
Have you talked to SPD? I am surprised “catLESS” was even in the conversation. Catted has proven to sound better, provide better HP, and flow just as well.

I have their adapters, “catted” down pipes, and stock exhaust. It sounds great, way better air flow, turbo whine is louder and sounds beautiful, and I would guess alone, provided me 20-30 extra horses.

I say guess because within the same install, I added colder spark plugs, 170 T-stat, SVC intercooler, S&B intake, and a custom tune from GOOSETUNED through the COBB Accessport. You MUST tune that puppy, no regrets!

My truck is a beast!!!!

Catted has same flow as catless?

I’m sorry but I don’t see how that is possible.

OP
OP
borzraptor

borzraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My truck is a beast!!!!
Going catted because I'm anticipating a burble tune for the truck. Burble maps burn your cats so I'd rather be on the safe side and get catless. Sound-wise it is a problem going catless but I'm keeping stock exhaust for now.

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to pick up a set of the SPD Catless Downpipes. Was wondering if I needed to change anything else if I buy just the downpipes. I want to run catless downpipes + stock exhaust (and for now a stock tune). And if any of you have the catless downpipes from SPD, let me know what you guys think of them.

I guess you will be having a check engine light with the catless dp's so your better with a tune and adapter's like other's said.