Dovetail beds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally getting around to installing my Evil Offroad Banshee rear bumper. I'm curious to see what you guys did about dovetailing your beds as well as if you have any pictures of the area you trimmed where the stock hitch/bumper mounted to since the Banshee bumper seems to only mount to the upper two bolt holes. Thanks!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Cody... I'm in literally in the middle of getting it done now. Doug just sent these pics over. It looks good but I don't know if I want the angle to be sharper. Guess we'll see when they attach the banshee bumper. And where can I find your pics?

View attachment 374482View attachment 374483

Just run a search on my name and you'll find a bunch of different threads I've posted pictures in recently. Mine has a little bit steeper angle I think.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Cody... I'm in literally in the middle of getting it done now. Doug just sent these pics over. It looks good but I don't know if I want the angle to be sharper. Guess we'll see when they attach the banshee bumper. And where can I find your pics?

*** Update ***
Just uploaded some new pics of the final look. To recap, has my Gen Juan dovetailed along with the Evil Banshee (with sensors painted) rear bumper paint matched (sterling grey) with the fenders. Very happy with the outcome... gives a 'lighter' and more balanced look in the back (to me).

View attachment 374482View attachment 374483

Need to post the final pictures! :)

Citizen Park

Reaction score
Done! (even took the same angle you did Cody ha) I'm loving the dovetail mod... gives a more balanced look. Catch myself saying 'shhhhiiiieetttt' every time I walk up/away to Juan (y'all know what I'm talking about). Also installed Icon RXTs, King 3.0s, Evil Banshee rear bumper (with fender color match).

IMG-5357.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-5358.jpg
    IMG-5358.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Done! (even took the same angle you did Cody ha) I'm loving the dovetail mod... gives a more balanced look. Catch myself saying 'shhhhiiiieetttt' every time I walk up/away to Juan (y'all know what I'm talking about). Also installed Icon RXTs, King 3.0s, Evil Banshee rear bumper (with fender color match).

View attachment 377382
looks great. Idk if i could cut into the bed though.. kinda chicken. Lol.

I like it when other terrain guys do mods. I can see what mine would look like :)

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 377382

She looks beautiful! I'm still really glad I went with that bumper as well. :)