Door speaker and amp install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke Dockers

Reaction score
I can’t seem to find any information on how everyone is running their new speaker wire from the cab through the door. Is anyone finding the terminal pins or is there another way. Thanks in advance

Specs: Gen 2 2019 Raptor 801A non B&O

OP
OP
L

Luke Dockers

Reaction score
I’d like to have bigger ones (14g instead of 20g) to run them all the way to the amp in order to get better sound quality. Is that even necessary?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d like to have bigger ones (14g instead of 20g) to run them all the way to the amp in order to get better sound quality. Is that even necessary?
no its not. and you wont get better sound quality by running bigger wire to door speakers. anyone who tells you that you will, doesnt understand the laws of electricity. speaker signal is ac current. much less loss through resistance than dc current. your whole house is wired with 14ga wire because everything in it runs off ac current. the equipment in your house (fridge, washer, dryer, microwave, etc, converts the ac current to dc current because the motors only run one direction. the amplifiers in my truck are class a/b amplifiers so they are power hungry amps. i run more power to my speakers than most people. all of our sq systems we build run high power and oem wire is just fine. as far as amplifier and subwoofer goes, thats where wire guage matters more. because the entire syste. runs on dc current, theres measurable power loss through resistance. and if you are running a lot of power to a sub, then yes run 14 to it. but not needed for speakers

Reaction score
I just installed some Kenwood Speakers that I bought from Crutchfied. With the speakers they provided free some wire harness adapters that mate to the ford connector and has the two wire connection used on most speakers.

Reaction score
What kenwood spekers? You like them? Yay or nay? I’m about to do sund upgrade but don’t want to go all out and I’ve heard that ungrading speakers does the job pretty much...

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see if what people have done as well. Not because I plan in replacing the stock wiring but due to the fact I might be running tweeters in the sails. My setup will be active so I need to run another line through the door if I put the tweeters there. I'm still in a toss up with it though between having the tweeters in the sails or both the midrange and tweeters in the A-pillars.

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran 14 ga for power window control. Back doors are easy but if you have a fully loaded raptor you will have to get creative because you wont have any free holes left over on the front doors.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one of the mods i did to my truck back in 2014 was this. i have about 100 miles of wire running in my truck, haha. i did this because i have rgb lights, usb connector, and a tweeter wire. i went to a junkyard and found an old nissan (i think) because it was a round grommet. makes it easier to drill out. i pulled my door off so i could drill the hole in the body and then ran all the wires i needed to

IMG_20200418_115915.jpg

OP
OP
L

Luke Dockers

Reaction score
I ran 14 ga for power window control. Back doors are easy but if you have a fully loaded raptor you will have to get creative because you wont have any free holes left over on the front doors.

I am not fully loaded so I do have space. Did you just order terminal connectors and plug into the empty slots in the connector?