Door seal fix with surgical tubing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did this update with a little help from another forum member.. Worked like a champ and it does take slightly more effort to close the door but not any ridiculous amount. My truck is a 2012 about 2 years old or so... Thanks for this great info Hockster...

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Hockster I noticed after i put the piece down the suicide door, the drivers door doesnt close flush, any worry with water intrusion till the tube breaks in a little?

OP
OP
H

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Hockster I noticed after i put the piece down the suicide door, the drivers door doesnt close flush, any worry with water intrusion till the tube breaks in a little?

Id just keep a eye on it. I never had any trouble with water coming in. It will compress a bit since the door is shut 99% of the time...

n4xxr76

Reaction score
Finished this fix over the weekend and the difference is amazing. I didn't realize how much noise was coming from the doors, assumed that it was normal truck noise. Best/easiest fix yet!

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did this mod today on my 2011, worked great. I didn't read the baby powder post until I was done. Instead, I used wire/cable lubricant. Anything in an arasol will become sticky/tacky when it dries.

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI this doesn't work on supercabs. There is a blob of silicone in the seal up by the upper latch for the rear doors, and you have to remove it. Problem is, you cant remove it without destroying the weather seal. Best to buy new stuff. TASCA has a super cheap deal on weatherstripping, mine was actually leaking after I did this mod (Leaked before mod as well) so I decided to go with new stuff

rkneeshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made a small incision immediately before that silicone blob, and snaked the surgical tubing through and cut enough excess for it to lay back in properly. I have tightly sealed doors on my supercab now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts