Door seal fix with surgical tubing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FAMARO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: I removed the tubing installed in the trim of the rear door (scab) and the main door now shuts much better. The door body lines are now even. I think it had too much pressure on the door.

brons130

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this mod yesterday to my 2013 screw which has 300 miles on it, so its brand new. I got thru the mod no problems but when I went to shut the door it wouldn't shut without a little extra force. I adjusted the seal and it seemed to shut a little better but it will not shut without extra force. The problem is when my wife goes to shut her door I'm worried its going to be an issue every time we go somewhere. My question is will the seal breakin and close easier or will it always be like this?

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Mine broke in over time, but it will always require more force to shut the door over the stock configuration.

brons130

Full Access Member
Reaction score
holes in the surgical tubing to release air.

Thanks for your reply. I will have to stick it out. I thought because the stock door seal has holes in it for the air to escape, maybe I should drill or melt some holes in where the stock holes are. Has anyone tried this or what is your opinions on this idea?

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doing this on brand new seals will make it pretty hard to shit the door. This mod was intended for older trucks with warn out seals. I did this on my 2010 about a year ago ad had no problems with it the door shut just fine but then again my truck is 3 years old so the seals have been broken in a it needed it. Also what you could do is get a slightly smaller diameter tube so it's not as tight but still snug. That might help the issue with the door shutting properly

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I will have to stick it out. I thought because the stock door seal has holes in it for the air to escape, maybe I should drill or melt some holes in where the stock holes are. Has anyone tried this or what is your opinions on this idea?
I wouldn't try putting any additional holes in. I think that would be way more trouble than it is worth. You just have to remember to shut the door firmly for awhile.

teginder81

Reaction score
Hmmmmmm.... My drivers door is already hard to shut.... But it rattles a lot. So I'm at a loss what to do. I want to do this mod, but I'm afraid it would make my doors impossible to shut.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score