Door seal fix with surgical tubing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just did this mod and happy with results. I didn't know about silicone piece at top between doors. Is it solid? When I got to that spot I just pushed snake right through,a little tough at that spot. Any pics of the silicone piece so I can see what I'm missing?

Drivers side done. wife, son and I to get it done. Stretch weatherstrip between two helpers and one to push / pull and yell at helpers that let the weatherstrip go slack. Every ten seconds!! :ROFLJest:

Passenger side will be easy with a couple of dudes and some beers

OP
OP
H

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just did this mod and happy with results. I didn't know about silicone piece at top between doors. Is it solid? When I got to that spot I just pushed snake right through,a little tough at that spot. Any pics of the silicone piece so I can see what I'm missing?

Drivers side done. wife, son and I to get it done. Stretch weatherstrip between two helpers and one to push / pull and yell at helpers that let the weatherstrip go slack. Every ten seconds!! :ROFLJest:

Passenger side will be easy with a couple of dudes and some beers

Nice luck there with getting past that silicone. I tried but, I couldn't get past it at all...

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey SCab owners who've done this... have you noticed a new sort of "rattle"? I use that term loosely since its not really a rattle, but more like what springy tacky rubber might sound like when it taps or moves against other rubber/latex/painted metal?

This may have been obvious to the rest of you, but I didn't catch it until looking around for ways of fixing this new sound. There's a strip mounted to the inside edge of the suicide door, that seals to the main door when both are closed. I'm 99% positive its this strip that the new noise is coming from; now that theres a touch more tension on the outside seals, this inside seal is allowed to be a little looser, and so its freer to move while driving, resulting in a rubber on painted metal sort of clicking.

So to firm that seal back up, I grabbed what was left of my tubing and ran some thru it.
1.jpg
4.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

A 5 minute test says that may have solved the issue. And even if it doesn't the main door closing feels much more solid. I dig it.

I'll report back if the noise isn't gone.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha yea that was the first one I did J cause it was the easiest haha I figured if I could get started off on the right foot and get something accomplished I wouldn't get as frustrated with the actual door seal :crazy:

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL yup I'm a tool. Hock's pics clearly show to do it as part of the whole job. :Grenade:

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ha I missed it too! Back to the garage! I guess I can use left over hose to siphon gas out of my wife's car!!

Last edited: