Door rattle and wheel hop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackknight87

Reaction score
what did it end up being. ive been trying to diagnose a rattle on my drivers side for a while too. Would rather keep the dealer out of it.

OP
OP
Crashthepunisher

Crashthepunisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pushed and pulled both rear doors and they seem solid. I think it is just that there is a small amount of play in the latch mechanism of the front door that causes it to shift a little over significant bumps. If I had any experience with those, I would think you could adjust it just to be as tight of a fit as possible, but I don't want to go unscrewing things and trying to move them and make it worse. I don't think any techs ever chimed in on this. I would assume they get these under warranty nearly every day and probably learn it the first day on the job.

Another thing I've noticed since I started this post is that my hood lifts a little going into the wind at highway speed. When still, I can't move the hood at all, but get up to 60 into the wind and I guess the air goes through the grill and pushes the hood up about 1/8 inch or so where I can see it vibrating with the wind along the driver's side edge. It's no big deal, just Wonder if anyone else has noticed this.... May not be anything that can be done about that.