Door panel trim removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pull the door panel and use an old soldering iron to pull it off. when you do pull it off, it makes little plastic rings. save them as you will need the extra plastic to remelt it back together.

Or you could just yank on them till they pop off, then you realize they are permanently attached....then you cuss and punch things realizing that you just caused a couple hundred bucks of damage for some BS plastic tabs. Which could have been easily avoided by looking up how to remove them in FRF....

Oh wait, that is what I did, nevermind....

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or you could just yank on them till they pop off, then you realize they are permanently attached....then you cuss and punch things realizing that you just caused a couple hundred bucks of damage for some BS plastic tabs. Which could have been easily avoided by looking up how to remove them in FRF....

Oh wait, that is what I did, nevermind....
were you able to fix it?

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, gorilla glue did it. I didn't even think about the soldering iron trick, that would have worked too.
The really screwed up part was I that I was removing it to get mud out from around the edges while cleaning up, wasn't even trying to mod anything.