Door locks mysteriously went away

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rappie

Reaction score
Hey folks, I've got a 18 raptor 802a package that ive been really enjoying. So today I went to lock the truck through the driver door handle and the rear door sounded like it was held on locking the door for like an extra 2 or 3 seconds... thought it was kinda odd but when I tried to reenter the truck by touching the handle only the driver door unlocks now not all of the doors like it always did. 20 times later multiple start ups same thing driver door only. Only way to open the rest of the doors is by tapping the unlock on the key fob twice. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1st off welcome. hope you are enjoying your Prius (no picture of a Raptor, so you must drive a Prius) :)

and...RTFM.........aside from that.....

in the drivers menus...there is a setting for "all doors" when doing the unlock. You can toggle between only the drivers door unlocking and all doors. theory is....someone could be hiding on the other side of the truck and you grant them access if all doors unlock. You can configure this.

Welcome to the forum...and post a picture of your truck or it didnt happen

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
@Rappie: since you are sans picture, as @goblues38 indicated, we’re pretty convinced you actually have a prius. Here’s your provisional FRF Profile pic

toyota_prius_prime_1536088257_615x410.jpg

No judgment. Well... actually yeah. The prius has not redeeming qualities.

The single door / all door unlock is in the driver display menu, accessible via the left steering wheel button. Personally, I’m not a fan of the all door unlock, and if you notice, once someone accesses the passenger door on your (friend’s) Raptor, all the doors unlock, regardless of driver menu setting.

;-)

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
You can also control it via the remote control.
Might be why the single stage changed to two stage.

Remote Control:

You can use the remote control at any time your vehicle is not running.

Unlocking the Vehicle (Two-Stage Unlock):

imagen2.dll
Press the button to unlock the driver door. Press the button again within three seconds to unlock all doors.The direction indicators flash. The direction indicators flash twice to confirm the change. The unlocking mode applies to the remote control, keyless entry keypad and intelligent access.

Press and hold both the lock and unlock buttons on the remote control for four seconds to disable or enable two-stage unlocking. Disabling two-stage unlocking allows your entire vehicle to unlock with one press of the button.

Intelligent access at the driver door unlocks your entire vehicle when you disable two-stage unlocking.

Locking the Vehicle:

imagen2.dll
Press the button to lock all doors.The direction indicators flash.
Press the button again within three seconds to confirm that all the doors are closed.The doors lock again, the horn sounds and the direction indicators flash if all the doors are closed.

Mislock:
If any door is open, or if the hood is open on vehicles with an anti-theft alarm or remote start, the horn sounds twice and the direction indicators do not flash.

OP
OP
Rappie

Rappie

Reaction score
That makes sense. I was wondering how all of a sudden it just wouldn't work unless it was a software glitch. I bet the key fob was in my pocket and both buttons got pushed somehow and changed the setting. Thanks! Now I know you can change the setting like that.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
That makes sense. I was wondering how all of a sudden it just wouldn't work unless it was a software glitch. I bet the key fob was in my pocket and both buttons got pushed somehow and changed the setting. Thanks! Now I know you can change the setting like that.

N.P. that's why we're here, to help one another.