Door lock stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aly

Reaction score
Weird question... my super cab back door is locked... won’t open... I thought I heard a big clunk while off-roading ... now the door lock won’t move and the door won’t open... is this an expensive fix... dealer or local shop...

side note... anyone have a good recommendation for break dust covers for 2014?

OP
OP
Aly

Aly

Reaction score
I was told that you could put a flap “dust cover” on the backside of the brake rotors... I tend to get some rust specks on the sides of my truck and my friend thinks a cover would help??? It took me Almost 3 hours to scrub them off last week when I washed my car....

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mudflaps may be a better solution. You really don't want anything in the airstream of the brakes, the brakes on these overheat easily as is.

It seems really unlikely that rust is from your rotors, unless your running a super aggressive brake pad. It's more likely fall out or industrial residue. @AdamsPolishes has a rust remover that works very well.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the door will be a cheap fix, I would just use an auto body shop to fix it, probably just a clip fell off inside the door for the latch. Not sure what year your truck is, I'm guessing you are out of warranty? Post a pic or two of your truck for us. Good luck and keep us posted.