door leaking ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
finally, got a chance dropping by parkway ford, and showed my pictures and video about the leaking. however, service advisor, Bradley, said it's normal for the water getting into the inner rubber seal for some reason. Anyway, as long as the water does not wet the carpets, i can live with it.
For the passenger door lock problem, they could not do anything since they could not locate the issue. Of course, they could not find it, because the is no water gets in there. Totally doubt how they simulate the heavy rain situation. Maybe they did nothing and just kick it back to me.
one of the two foams on the back of the cab pilled off half year ago. and they placed order, will replace it when it's delivered later.
if somebody has the leaking problem, don't wait and just go when it's still wet and dripping. hopefully, your dealer will take care of it.
good luck.
Did they get the mirror issue fixed for you? It's a simple software update of the PDM and DDM. No need to trace circuits or replace modules.

Was the door lock inoperative when they inspected it? If they can't verify the concern, they can't begin diagnosis/repair. Or did they verify the issue and claim that they don't know what to do?

OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
Did they get the mirror issue fixed for you? It's a simple software update of the PDM and DDM. No need to trace circuits or replace modules.

Was the door lock inoperative when they inspected it? If they can't verify the concern, they can't begin diagnosis/repair. Or did they verify the issue and claim that they don't know what to do?
there is kind of possibility that they fix the driver side mirror, I am not sure because I quit using "my Key" when I found the passenger side mirror clicking. The more I went to dealer, the more new problem rising.
the door lock working well when I drop it in, which only appear after heavy rain and water gets into the passenger door panel. Either they could not mimic a heavy rain, or they did not try it over night. Water needs time to running everywhere in the panel.
BTW, can I DIY the PDM and DDM firmware updating ? Does that violate the warranty ? thanks

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
there is kind of possibility that they fix the driver side mirror, I am not sure because I quit using "my Key" when I found the passenger side mirror clicking. The more I went to dealer, the more new problem rising.
the door lock working well when I drop it in, which only appear after heavy rain and water gets into the passenger door panel. Either they could not mimic a heavy rain, or they did not try it over night. Water needs time to running everywhere in the panel.
BTW, can I DIY the PDM and DDM firmware updating ? Does that violate the warranty ? thanks
I updated the software myself, it’s not a warranty issue since there is a service message on it. You would need access to IDS with the latest software release.