Door latch and lock nightmare :/

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jepper

Reaction score
Well I have around 500 miles on my raptor now and i've had both the driver and passenger door latches fail on me. Had it in service for two weeks to get repaired and after they replaced them passenger side is failing again immediately.

On top of that, now my rear driver side door lock is getting stuck and i have to "pry" it up while pulling the handle to get it to unlock and open.

NOT FUN.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
This was a well known issue with the Gen1 Raptor as well. For me the passengers side driver/passenger was pretty bad and the lock actuator would not unlock. Had both replaced under warranty just recently.

A couple of weeks ago the drivers door failed to unlocked.

Theory was dirt was getting in the lock actuator and causing it to fail. However several people said their locks were perfectly clean yet still failed.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Failing driver side passenger door lock here......very annoying and have yet to bring it in

Failing (i.e. intermittent) driver's side door lock here. Definitely worse when coated with elements (mud, sand, snow, etc).

I will take it when it is consistently failing.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the trucks all 802a, or a mix? Have not had issues with the 801a low tech here in Michigan.

Only asking because I was Semi Contemplating an 802a Leadfoot for sale here.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
@Jepper, thanks for sharing the info, I’d not hear of this before.

I hope they have a permanent fix for you soon.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
The issue is across the entire F150 line. Seems to pop up when the temps drop. There is a TSB and possibly a recall. The bad news is the "fix" does not fix the problem.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Failing (i.e. intermittent) driver's side door lock here. Definitely worse when coated with elements (mud, sand, snow, etc).

I will take it when it is consistently failing.

Yes intermittent here as well....definitely works more than not but still annoying when it happens

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, probably stick with what I've got. Been good with all issues across sub zero temps for two winters now. Not looking to upgrade into a problem!!!