Door/key chime stuck on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silver93t

Reaction score
Recently my 2013 began ringing the door/key in ignition chime after removing the key. This happens the majority of the time and when it occurs the driver's seat does not automatically slide back as it used to. After several seconds to several minutes it will stop chiming and slide back. It appears some ignition relay is getting stuck on. Anyone else had this problem?

OP
OP
S

silver93t

Reaction score
Update: noticed if I lightly hit the ignition switch after removing the key the chime stops and seat retracts. I'm going to take apart the steering column and see what's up.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would try some type of lube in key switch , on my 14 eco as soon as key tip is inserted the fuel pump cycles, i think the keyhole door is tied to the system saying weather a key is in. Try a tiny amount of 3 in 1 oil on the key hole cover use a toothpick and see it that helps.

Rubes

Reaction score
Recently my 2013 began ringing the door/key in ignition chime after removing the key. This happens the majority of the time and when it occurs the driver's seat does not automatically slide back as it used to. After several seconds to several minutes it will stop chiming and slide back. It appears some ignition relay is getting stuck on. Anyone else had this problem?

were you able to figure anything out on this?
This just started happening to my 2013 as well...lights off, key out, open door and the chime is on. mine don't go off if I hit the key.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how many keys you have hanging on your keyring? usually its from the weight of too many keys that wear out the ignition cylinder and will cause this problem. old hondas were famous for this

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the Raptor key and two plain house keys on just a plain key ring...no fob or trinkets of any kind.
you can try lubing the ignition cylinder as stated, or replace the cylinder altogether. replacing takes a bit of work because you have to match the tumblers to your key, but its not hard. just time consuming

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts