Door doesn't shut tightly, rattles around over bumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Seems like alot of SuperCabs suffer from door rattles. If it makes you feel better my 2013 SuperCab rattled and my 2019 SuperCab is beginning to rattle as well. I use electrical tape on it and the rattle is 98% gone. Its a small price to pay to have the better version Raptor, SuperCab over a SuperCrew. Haha.

Yeah definitely a lot SCAB noise I've just learned to live with. I also use the tape trick though. I wish Ford would ditch the clam shell and use a B pillar with a smaller rear door. Normally I don't like the little door on the Chevy, RAM or Tundra but with a short bed it would be acceptable.

OP
OP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update to anyone having similar problems... electrical tape on the striker bar works WELL.

I’ve basically written this off as even an issue anymore.

cjf1001

Reaction score
I agree electrical tape on the post quieted down the passenger door on my Gen 1 screw.

Dr G

Reaction score
I have a 2013 SuperCab with a very annoying driver's door rattle. I would like to try this electrical tape fix. Can anyone show a picture of this? When I envision electrical tape on a striker bar I imagine that it would wear through quickly from opening and closing the door. So I think I may not be understanding the concept.