Door Dings....uugh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope - Never really tried to see how far it would jump but I have pre-run many sections of road first with some jumps to find the right offload compromise for my shock adjustments so I know what to set them to when I do travel off road. My rig full of gear is at least 7,000+ Lbs. - Too heavy for my corner scales to get a true weight balance. Not real jumping weight.
I did jump it in one spot unintentionally in Bishop California going up Sliver creek road to see the Bristol cone pines. Never been on that road before - wide open dirt as flat as a pancake (Week day) and no vehicles around. I was doing 90+ and saw some willows running perpendicular to the road up ahead so I slowed down to about 40 figured it was a small spring stream. Well it turned out to be about a Shear 4+ foot drop off in to about 2+ feet of water (Thank God No Rocks). Needless to say the Butt Pucker factor was high. I didn't slow down and didn't seize the engine but kept my foot in it because I didn't want to be beat to death buy the vehicles parked to the both sides below because they couldn't cross the stream. The splash must have been around 70+ feet in all directions. Needless to say after I finished my sight seeing of the Bristol Cone Pines and I didn't go back into Bishop but continued North.

Last edited:

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Some people think their Raptors are built like an M1 tank and drive them like that, then after bent frames, blown shocks, front end issues and bent axles etc. They realize it's just pickup truck! Remember the guy in the black Raptor who flew 90 mph into a jump and landed nose down totaling his truck, guess that wasn't the intended purpose he thought it was.

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some people think their Raptors are built like an M1 tank and drive them like that, then after bent frames, blown shocks, front end issues and bent axles etc. They realize it's just pickup truck! Remember the guy in the black Raptor who flew 90 mph into a jump and landed nose down totaling his truck, guess that wasn't the intended purpose he thought it was.
Agreed - Got to know your limitations - I went beyond mine in post 21 and was lucky no damage.
Front frame is boxed, Fox 3.0 w/ DSC and Eibach springs, SVC upper arms and tie rods
Front bumper is custom boxed with 12,000 LBS Smitty built winch, nylon rope and custom skid plates
Rear Deaver 3+ springs, Fox 3.0 w/ DSC, SVC bump stop kit helping to box the rear frame
37" tires on factory bead locks for a bit more ground clearance
A lot of other mods but this is what helped to absorb the impact and kept my frame straight after my unexpected endeavor.

Diablo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He forgot to pull back on the wheel to keep the nose up.......damn some people just should not try to fly