Door creak, not the check

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whitepony04

Reaction score
You
I have a slight but annoying creak on my driver door. As an experiment I undid the door check and manipulated the door and the sound was gone. I figured it was the check, replaced with ford oem one. No dice. Still makes the noise. It appears to be coming from the top hinge but I’ve hit it with spray lube and dry lube. Are the hinges replaceable at home?
View attachment 69584259274__EF7620CE-2E23-449F-8411-C086BA970B1D.MOV

OP
OP
Whitepony04

Whitepony04

Reaction score
3 in 1 didn’t help. I put some 75w 90 on it and still didn’t help. I’m suspecting not a lube issue.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming from a gen1 Raptor that never had any door creaks, THIS exact click/creak was the very first thing i noticed when i started looking at Gen2 trucks. It was so off putting that I walked away from that first Gen2 thinking it had been in an accident or something.

Turns out it didnt matter how many miles or whether it was a 17-18 or 19-20 MY, every truck i looked at made this click sound from the driver's door. The 2018 i ended up buying with 12k miles on it has done it since the day i bought it and i've just learned to live with it.

OP
OP
Whitepony04

Whitepony04

Reaction score
Coming from a gen1 Raptor that never had any door creaks, THIS exact click/creak was the very first thing i noticed when i started looking at Gen2 trucks. It was so off putting that I walked away from that first Gen2 thinking it had been in an accident or something.

Turns out it didnt matter how many miles or whether it was a 17-18 or 19-20 MY, every truck i looked at made this click sound from the driver's door. The 2018 i ended up buying with 12k miles on it has done it since the day i bought it and i've just learned to live with it.
That sucks. I really don’t wanna replace the whole hinge.

OP
OP
Whitepony04

Whitepony04

Reaction score
You guys think it would be worth changing the hinge? They are about 20 bucks and I have Oxford white paint.