Door Chime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedDye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When any door is opened all of the exterior lights come on, with the exception of the high and low beams. Parking lights, clearance lights, courtesy lights, etc. I would appreciate info on how to bypass/override this Christmas tree effect.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

:rage:

X2! I do a lot of night time hog hunting and when I do happen upon a sounder of hogs I either have to climb out of a window quietly or attempt a shot out of the sunroof and it sucks doing that. First night I found some hogs when i first got my raptor I was running blacked out but learned very quickly as soon as I opened door the whole truck lit up and chased away any chance I had. If anybody has a suggestion how to override this I owe you a beer.

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
X2! I do a lot of night time hog hunting and when I do happen upon a sounder of hogs I either have to climb out of a window quietly or attempt a shot out of the sunroof and it sucks doing that. First night I found some hogs when i first got my raptor I was running blacked out but learned very quickly as soon as I opened door the whole truck lit up and chased away any chance I had. If anybody has a suggestion how to override this I owe you a beer.

Dude,pigs are so blind they don't see your lights. They probably smell you and your rig coming.

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got tired of the chime altogether. I removed the dash bezel and gauge cluster. There are 6 bolts holding them in. I pulled the gauge cluster out and rotated it to access the back, leaving it plugged in the whole time. This is where it gets technical, I used a Phillips head jewelers screwdriver and I carefully stabbed the shit out of the speaker. It actually died on the first stab, but I gave it a few more to make sure (always double tap!).
I put it all back together and I love it. No more chime period, just the way I like it.
This mod takes all of 15 minutes.

15 minutes? Seriously?

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously. It works well, I'm happy with the mod. You do lose all chime functions (low fuel, lights on, etc) but that has not been an issue for me.

I brought a ranger some years back it was an Edison truck 4/4 crew anyways they did something that made the noise very quiet I only drove the truck once to the office after buying it but I did spend about 15 mins trying to figure out what they did but didn't figure it out, it was pretty cool.

Hey do you remember when you could push the safety belt release on a ford for a few seconds and it'd let you drive without your belt on? Wish they still had that option, sometimes I'll be working an big property's getting out constantly for half the day and it's annoying. I just buckle it and set on top of the belt. Damn commies!

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
mine go's off after 3 miles or could also be 3 min anyhow if you don't shut the truck off it stays off.