Door Chime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit bored today and sick of hearing my door chime. I pulled the three screws from the bottom of the steering column cover. I then split and removed the two halves of the cover. On the left side, opposite of the key, find a blue wire with a grey tracer. Cut this wire, tape the ends, then reassemble the steering column cover.
Key on, door open, no more chime!
For those worried about losing the headlight on reminder, mine still works.
Total time, 10 minutes.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whoa, is it really just that easy? That wire doesn't do anything else??

OP
OP
Conejoracer

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I googled it, searched YouTube, etc, and all sources indicate this is the method. The only drawback noted was the loss of the headlights left on reminder. My Raptor has the auto-on light selector, I'm not sure if all Raptors come with that, but that may be why the lights on chime still works. I played around with the truck for a bit, and I did not notice any other changes.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It surely can't be that easy. I'll have to do some looking. Do you have a link the youtube video you used or have pics?

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
OMG, you're my hero if this works. I'm doing this today!

I'm going to be pissed if I've lived with this for so long while the fix was so easy.:Stupid Me:

vipergts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did it , got it, nice, my headlight reminder still works also. turning the key to the on position, it still does chime.

Last edited:

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, damn I was hoping it killed the chime when the door was open and radio on. No such luck. Anyone know which wire would need to be cut to 'fix' that? :Grenade:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah that's the one I want gone. O hate not being able to listen to my music with the doors open

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I feel like I should send Conejoracer a large sum of cash for posting this.

OK, maybe not. But thanks! This was one of my top gripes about my truck.