Don't Buy Mountune!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get that you’re disappointed and angry, but I feel like this is pretty unfair to Mountune. Ford doesn’t QA their truck to work with the ADD bumper, should we stop buying Ford products too? A vendor can only QA so many possible combinations, and for aftermarket the only real practical solution is stock or they’ll be in a perpetual cycle of qualification and not actually selling anything.

mountune should atleast provide a option for people that will need to relocate the acc unit.. they don't know what works, and they don't provide any information.
they also won't provide me a emailed copy of the install manual for the mountune intercooler. my installer didn't give me a copy back lol.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get that you’re disappointed and angry, but I feel like this is pretty unfair to Mountune. Ford doesn’t QA their truck to work with the ADD bumper, should we stop buying Ford products too? A vendor can only QA so many possible combinations, and for aftermarket the only real practical solution is stock or they’ll be in a perpetual cycle of qualification and not actually selling anything.

You feel it's unfair- because it IS unfair.

****** customer support or not, nobody should expect one aftermarket company to make their stuff work with another aftermarket company's stuff unless it specifically says it does.

OP should leave their truck stock if they can't fab up some metal brackets and drill some holes to make multiple aftermarket parts work together.

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think that they would at least know what dosen't work with there products (I'm sure OP isn't the first guy to use that combination of parts) and be up front about it.

OP
OP
Christopher Manns

Christopher Manns

Reaction score
IIRC the ACC relocation bracket is north of $200 and isn’t included with anything. It’s extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You are correct I misstated, it is extra. I saw it in a back age and it worked our to about $160 in that configuration. The point I was making, however, is that it is available, ADD thought about it.

OP
OP
Christopher Manns

Christopher Manns

Reaction score
In no particular order...
I'm fine cobbling together a bracket. My point is for $1799 list (I paid $1529) I expect a few basic things. 1) I bought something that won't work for me, that that shit back unopened in the first seven days and don't charge me for the ability to return it. Return shipping is on me. 2) for that money I expect customer support. 3)if you are going to introduce a product that is a move away from factory think about what that might mean, look at your competition and be ready and forthcoming with potential fitment pitfalls with your product. 4)solicit input from folks that have already installed your product [this might be a 3b].
Frankly Ive just been surprised by the general feeling that mountune doesn't care. They sold the part, they're done. Good luck.
I know some folks on the board have had positive experiences, I don't know if they did thier own installs. And I've had a bunch of positive interactions with vendors on the board and will do business with them again, but mountune has made this so much harder than it needed to be. Hard enough that I felt the need to post about it in a negative way. I would have much rather been able to say 'I messed up on fitment, mountune was solid and took the product back with no hassles". Is there anyone here that would prefer a differnt outcome if it were them?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you are upset they won't just take it back - OK I get that. But you can't fault them for not having a relocating ACC bracket as they don't (Mountune) make bumpers that require the ACC to be relocated.

titanjc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be upset with yourself, not with Mountune. If their website explicitly states their return policy and you didn’t do the required research before purchasing, this is on you. We all make mistakes - learn from this one and move on. In my opinion this thread is unfair to Mountune and you should delete it.

MrBear

Reaction score
I'd agree with the general sentiment that it isn't up to Mountune to now what will and will not work with their charge-air-cooler. As far as ACC relocation brackets go, I can comment that there is huge industry conversation about liability in regards to these systems and who bears the liability if the systems don't work as designed causing a collision due to improper repair or alteration of the vehicle affecting these systems. With this in mind I can understand why a company like Mountune would not make a bracket to move the ACC sensor or have any interest in verifying a bracket works with their product.
A final comment, I had no issue getting install instructions from Mountune when I was comparing various relocated front mount options. I can understand the frustration, I've purchased things over the years that didn't quite workout as intended and required alteration. But, at the end of the day it was my fault for not investigating the purchase and if I was told by the company they didn't know it was my own gamble on the purchase not theirs.