Don't Buy Mountune!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christopher Manns

Reaction score
Yes, a provocative title and a lot of this is on me. but I really expected this company to be better ...

Short(ish) version -
I bought a Mountune FMIC for my 2018 Screw, I have an ADD bumper that required and ACC relo bracket. After I ordered the IC I asked Mountune what brackets work, they said, "we don't know, just unplug your ACC". I asked about returning the IC because there was no fitment solution that would work for me, they were happy to do that as long as I paid the shipping back (2 boxes ~$250) AND paid 10% restock (~$150).

I get that i could have asked some more questions around the fitment of the Mountune with an aftermarket bumper, but c'mon! if your product doesn't work in specific scenarios and your customer clearly didn't know that maybe you work with them for the goodwill. On top of everything else, every time I tried to call for information I just got voicemail.

So, now i'm gonna use every outlet i can to rant about Mountune and see if i have any fab skillz to find a way to mount my ACC.:mad:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah this is on you dude, not Mountune. You didn't do your research. Intercoolers do not require an ACC relocation bracket - new bumpers do, therefore this is not on Mountune.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am not sure I understand. Doesn't ADD provide a relocation bracket since it is their bumper? What does the bumper have to do with the IC?

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey atleast you got an answer...
mountune didn't even reply when i asked what acc bracket will work
i've tried the rogue bracket and cobb.. bot do not work.. and hit the mountune intercooler.

Astro94

Reaction score
Yea... I don’t see how it’s there problem. You should’ve asked beforehand, not after the fact. I’ve been in the same situation though ordering stuff that didn’t work with current mods. Will they not waive the restocking fee?

OP
OP
Christopher Manns

Christopher Manns

Reaction score
I am not sure I understand. Doesn't ADD provide a relocation bracket since it is their bumper? What does the bumper have to do with the IC?
ADD does, sure. But the ADD (rightfully so) isn't concerned with someone else's IC and if the bracket works with that. ADD is a good example, with their IC they include an ACC bracket that DOES work if you need it.
Mountune has taken the position that we provide the IC, anything else is up to you to figure out.

OP
OP
Christopher Manns

Christopher Manns

Reaction score
Yea... I don’t see how it’s there problem. You should’ve asked beforehand, not after the fact. I’ve been in the same situation though ordering stuff that didn’t work with current mods. Will they not waive the restocking fee?
I asked about waiving the fee, the email I got the next day (because they don't answer the phone) pointed me at a policy page that basically said you gotta pay for us to take stuff back. And for what it's worth I did try to get an answer to the fitment with an ACC bracket, I didn't get and still don't have a clear answer from Mountune other than "we don't know".

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ADD does, sure. But the ADD (rightfully so) isn't concerned with someone else's IC and if the bracket works with that. ADD is a good example, with their IC they include an ACC bracket that DOES work if you need it.
Mountune has taken the position that we provide the IC, anything else is up to you to figure out.
IIRC the ACC relocation bracket is north of $200 and isn’t included with anything. It’s extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Christopher Manns

Christopher Manns

Reaction score
hey atleast you got an answer...
mountune didn't even reply when i asked what acc bracket will work
i've tried the rogue bracket and cobb.. bot do not work.. and hit the mountune intercooler.
The mountune is huge, if I can work up a bracket I'll shoot you a template or picture or something.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I get that i could have asked some more questions around the fitment of the Mountune with an aftermarket bumper, but c'mon! if your product doesn't work in specific scenarios and your customer clearly didn't know that maybe you work with them for the goodwill. On top of everything else, every time I tried to call for information I just got voicemail.

So, now i'm gonna use every outlet i can to rant about Mountune and see if i have any fab skillz to find a way to mount my ACC

I get that you’re disappointed and angry, but I feel like this is pretty unfair to Mountune. Ford doesn’t QA their truck to work with the ADD bumper, should we stop buying Ford products too? A vendor can only QA so many possible combinations, and for aftermarket the only real practical solution is stock or they’ll be in a perpetual cycle of qualification and not actually selling anything.