DON"T GET THE NEW NAV software UPDATE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

champcaracing

Reaction score
so i started working at the ford dealer i bought my Raptor at, so one of the techs said tuesday, there's a software update for your system, ok,so i have him do it, even thought nothing was messing up on the system. well after that the "white screen of death" came on, shows INSTALLING in the left upper corner, "install disc 2" in the center. so after couple days of them talking with ford, they tell me they ordered a new unit. well today they come over to pick up the truck to remove the unit, brings it back and screen is black, call the service manager up and ask whats going on, guess ford doesn't trust dealers to replace and send back the old unit. "gotta send a nav unit to get a nav unit" thanks ford, what happened to customer service????? now i'm without a radio, tunes, sync......at least last week i had tunes!!!!
thanks for letting me vent alittle

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your problems.

What update are you referring to? How old is your Raptor?

I believe the current SYNC version is 3.1

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's terrible. I would be pretty upset about that, but at least it is only for a week. A mere inconvenience I would guess.

OP
OP
C

champcaracing

Reaction score
It's the nav update, for unit before 3/8/10 my truck was built the 2nd of march. Really didn't understand what the update was really for. Gonna make sure they update the sync to what I had before this mess. On day 2 with any tunes in the truck, maybe have to start humming or singing to myself in the truck. LoL

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I believe it's a SYNC update. The update to the navigation must be purchased from NAVTEQ. I got thesame update you are reffering to and I haven't had any issues. Make sure they do give you a brand spanking new unit!!

OP
OP
C

champcaracing

Reaction score
got the new unit in today everything is back to normal just as it was when i picked it up a month ago. so happy i have tunes back in the truck!!!!