Don’t drive a 2021 LOL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I myself would rather wait for the market to settle if it does ever and let the technology mature a little bit. Let them work some of the bugs out. I have a feeling we will see a lot of these on the lot when the "R" comes out. Without a doubt the G1,G2 and G3 are all excellent in their own right.

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about someone who doesn’t have a Gen2? Should I go Gen 3 all the way or buy a Gen 2 and save some money.

From what I hear, the rear end alone makes the jump worth it. Doesn’t the Gen 2 have a notorious rear end problem on bumps and such?
How much money do you think you’d save in this market? I bought my Gen 2 SCREW new Aug 24 of last year, and my dealer offered to buy it for what I paid for it about two months ago.

General rule of thumb: if you have the opportunity to get the newest, do it. You never want to play the “I wish I had…” game, especially with cars.

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I myself would rather wait for the market to settle if it does ever and let the technology mature a little bit. Let them work some of the bugs out. I have a feeling we will see a lot of these on the lot when the "R" comes out. Without a doubt the G1,G2 and G3 are all excellent in their own right.
Also this lol. Gen 3, but wait a bit.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the zone reps are right, won't be many Rs around. Talking GT 500 numbers or less, and will be expensive to play that game. The R does not interest me personally at all. These trucks are fast enough for me.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
If the zone reps are right, won't be many Rs around. Talking GT 500 numbers or less, and will be expensive to play that game. The R does not interest me personally at all. These trucks are fast enough for me.
Yeah I myself would much rather have the GT500. It's my favorite sports car and would trade my Raptor for one in a heartbeat

OP
OP

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s almost like the guy OP has financial incentive to get people to upgrade. Who would have thunk it.
I bought one of only 3 raptors we have coming in, one of the others is already sold and delivered and I don’t get paid to sell cars I’m a finance manager LOL. You are obviously a very unhappy guy and have been abused at some point to have such a cynical attitude. I’m not here to sell anything or I would post the name of the dealership I work for :).

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think that there will be enough Rs built to make any difference. And I'd guess 90% of the folks who really want a blown V8 have already bought their TRX. So there might be a few more used TRXs on the market. Talk is cheap. My guess is that most of the talkers are just talking ... say 80%. The number of people who upgrade from gen 3 to R is going to be pretty small.

Now Ford could surprise us and deliver in large numbers a TTV8 that has a 600 mile range and sells for a $10k premium. In that case, there will be a lot of Raptors on the market, including mine. I won't hold my breath.

murphyraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I myself would much rather have the GT500. It's my favorite sports car and would trade my Raptor for one in a heartbeat
I’ve been lucky enough to have owned a lot of high performance cars and custom trucks and I would trade my new 37 for anything of similar value. Even if I was offers 25 grand over what I paid!