Doggo owners, what’s your front to back seat barrier?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gator85

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just FYI I thought someone on here let their dog jump in and out and their dog had its paw get caught in one of the holes in the running board jumping out. Ended up hurting the dog from what I remember. Just FYI….
Good to know. Thank you very much.

GibGas

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out a solution to fitting 2 dogs and my son in the back of the truck. One dog is 135 lbs. and the other is 55 lbs. Plan is to leave the single seat down for my son and fold up the bigger side for the dogs. I'm just not sure if they would both fit in that space.

The other plan is to get a topper and just put both dogs in the bed in their soft travel crates. In the summer, I can stick a swamp cooler back there for longer trips.

Anyone else been able to fit 2 dogs in the backseat with a rear occupant?

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I only get the right size dog, and that is large and extra large and therefore there is no barrier large enough.

DOG LIFE.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I use one of these Canine Campers. It fits in the floor with the back seats folded up. My German Shepherd loves it in the winter and is collapsible and easily portable.

Limited-time deal: Midwest Portable Tent Crate, 36 by 25.5 by 28-Inch https://a.co/d/cRLioyz

When Henry Tudor uses his paws of disobedience and decides the back of the Raptor is boring, I pimp slap him with the fist of entitlement.

Heinz

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out a solution to fitting 2 dogs and my son in the back of the truck. One dog is 135 lbs. and the other is 55 lbs. Plan is to leave the single seat down for my son and fold up the bigger side for the dogs. I'm just not sure if they would both fit in that space.

The other plan is to get a topper and just put both dogs in the bed in their soft travel crates. In the summer, I can stick a swamp cooler back there for longer trips.

Anyone else been able to fit 2 dogs in the backseat with a rear occupant?
Dogs will get comfortable just about anywhere. I bet they’ll fit, but they might try to steal some space from your son. If you do go the topper route, get a remote thermometer to monitor the bed temp while you’re driving and know if you need to bring the dogs in. It gets HOT back there on warm days, even with the windows open.

Heinz

Reaction score
Good looking pup. I have a shorthair and a wirehair with Gunners as well. I cant get mine to wear the boots though. They rip them off his feet and then proceeds to destroy their feet on every hunt lol.
I run the Lewis dog boots. I put one wrap of tape inside out around his ankles, (sticky side toward the boot), then put the boot on, then go around the outside of the boot a couple times with tape. Trick is to have the inner tape meet with the outer tape at the top so the adhesive of both meet. It’s a bit of an art, haha. But I haven’t lost a boot yet!

mts

Reaction score
Like a few others, I have this one and it works well.

IMG_5015.jpg