Does tire rotation require re-balance and front end alignment?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vegascarnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your dealer is an idiot.

this is actually common. many dealer just sub this work out to a dedicated tire shop. just takes longer for the work to get done since the vehicle has to be driven to the shop doing work. Who wants a porter driving their vehicle.

LOL...this is just funny. Especially because of the raptors suspension it needs alignments. big wheels create a lot ov leverage to tweak the angles. Who ever told you that is just stupid.

Wow there is so much wrong with these statements!! STUPID is right.

Bob Blessing

Reaction score
Did everyone miss he was presented with a Bill For $500.00 for a Service, Tire Rotation and Balance. THE REAL CRIME HERE IS THE $500.00 THEY CHARGED YOU.

I own a Peterbilt and I don't spend that much. Find another place to take your Vehicle. They are a RIP-Off. Plus, with only 13,000 miles on your Truck, I highly doubt you needed an Alignment unless you beat the hell out the truck, which I don't think you do.

RipReturns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me take a different take that still is going to have the same conclusion - they likely did you wrong - I get the tires rotated and balanced every oil change (5-6K), and I get an alignment check each time, too. The tire rotation is $40 at dealership, oil change around there, too, and alignment should be no more than $150. I pay for a life-time alignment once ($180) and $30 to rotate and balance (to prevent wear and tear). YOU ARE A LONG WAY FROM $500...

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 150,000 miles on my 2011 6.2L Gen 1 and had my alignment checked once and no problems. Only did tire balance when I get new tires obviously or if I kick a weight off after flying around on some back country dirt roads. But never during a simple rotation. They selling you BS

GMike

Reaction score
I have 40 thousand mile on my 17 raptor and have been off-road multiple times and haven’t had my front end aligned ever. All of my service is at the Ford dealership.
Tire wear and driving is still perfect.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must be an old fart because I had never heard of balance beads either. Thanks for mentioning it. After I read up on it and watched a video they sound like a good thing for tires 35" and up. My local shop does not usually deal with balance beads but said they would put them in but I will have to order them since they do not stock them. To order I need to know much weight of balance beads to put in each tire?
It’s 6 oz per tire. Check the link that I put into post #7. Then call the guys up at Checker to confirm.

Best.

Reaction score
I have an 18 too. My dealer rotates with every oil change as part of a package. Never needed a rebalance or alignment. Drives fine and even wear.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Over 30,000 miles. Never aligned. Still tracks straight and tires wear even. But willl probably still get alignment checked when I get first set of new tires.

vegascarnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over 30,000 miles. Never aligned. Still tracks straight and tires wear even. But willl probably still get alignment checked when I get first set of new tires.

I always get an alignment with new tires. Best way to insure that $1500 purchase lasts a good 40-50k miles!