GEN 2 Does this button do anything?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikee Martin

SVC. Krazy House Customz. JDM. Seaside Superbikes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a gen 2 2017 ford raptor. Do I have the ability's to set it up as a WIFI station? It seems like it stays connected to my phone for 1 mile after I leave my house. This must be some sort of electronic device I dont understand. Does anyone know how this thing operates? SYNC?

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a gen 2 2017 ford raptor. Do I have the ability's to set it up as a WIFI station? It seems like it stays connected to my phone for 1 mile after I leave my house. This must be some sort of electronic device I dont understand. Does anyone know how this thing operates? SYNC?
Did you mean to ask this question inside of this other thread? Seems unrelated, and should perhaps be its own thread.

That being said, I don’t even understand your question. My phone stays connected to my truck’s stereo no matter where I am (as long as the truck and phone are close together)...am I missing something?

Mikee Martin

SVC. Krazy House Customz. JDM. Seaside Superbikes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you mean to ask this question inside of this other thread? Seems unrelated, and should perhaps be its own thread.

That being said, I don’t even understand your question. My phone stays connected to my truck’s stereo no matter where I am (as long as the truck and phone are close together)...am I missing something?

Correct. Unrelated thread. Sorry. When my phone is at my house and I leave (the phone stays at home and I drive away), the screen on my center console says it is not connected when I get a mile away from my house. I have not tried to use it when I am in the truck and the phone is at my house, but I think there is a WIFI device hooking it up with some sort of antenna due to the distance.. Not sure if the truck has some type of WIFI system and how to utilize it to offer a hub while in the sand dunes, desert or tropical rainforest. This thread seemed to have some folks with more knowledge than my Ford Raptor Bible has in it. Thanks for any advise. It is always appreciated.

Raptor Vet

Reaction score
Your phone has to be in the truck...if I follow what your are saying...I think this ended the thread