GEN 2 Does this button do anything?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlacknTan

Reaction score
You can only scroll through 6 of the 18 presets at a time. After that you must hit the media key in order to get preset seven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine scrolls through all 18 with the steering wheel button, some of my presets are radio, some are SiriusXM, and it scrolls through all of them. The media button would be nice though; if I want to switch from Apple Music/Spotify to radio/satellite radio, it’d make it easier than going through the touch screen

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
You can use voice control to play a station by saying "play 92.3 FM" after pressing the voice control button and then you don't have to scroll through anything.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can only scroll through 6 of the 18 presets at a time. After that you must hit the media key in order to get preset seven
Yep, that's definitely NOT how mine work. I have 12 presets configured (I changed the settings to only store 12 presets), and if I keep pressing the left or right arrows, it scrolls through all of them without having to press any other button. For me, pressing the Media button changes media types (Sirius XM, AM, FM, etc), but doesn't allow me to change from page one of the presets to page 2. I'm not sure how yours is working that way!

Mine scrolls through all 18 with the steering wheel button, some of my presets are radio, some are SiriusXM, and it scrolls through all of them. The media button would be nice though; if I want to switch from Apple Music/Spotify to radio/satellite radio, it’d make it easier than going through the touch screen
Yep, exactly...same here (except as I mentioned above, I changed mine to only have 12 presets).

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Yep, that's definitely NOT how mine work. I have 12 presets configured (I changed the settings to only store 12 presets), and if I keep pressing the left or right arrows, it scrolls through all of them without having to press any other button. For me, pressing the Media button changes media types (Sirius XM, AM, FM, etc), but doesn't allow me to change from page one of the presets to page 2. I'm not sure how yours is working that way!

Yep, exactly...same here (except as I mentioned above, I changed mine to only have 12 presets).

Is being able to scroll through all the presets a 2020 thing? My 18 doesn't do that. This is the one thing that drives me nuts after having a 2015 Ram that went through all the presets from the steering wheel.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is being able to scroll through all the presets a 2020 thing? My 18 doesn't do that. This is the one thing that drives me nuts after having a 2015 Ram that went through all the presets from the steering wheel.
Mine is a ‘19...maybe it started then?