Does the shifter light up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kashoggio

Lives in a van down by the river.
Reaction score
Ford Corp. tells me other wise. Who has the right answers? So confused. Does that cover the two USB ports as well?
Ford didn’t tell you shit, some ******* in customer relations told you that cause they get paid $12 an hour to answer calls and log it.

Kashoggio

Lives in a van down by the river.
Reaction score
not aggressive just letting you know you are wasting your time. Antho actually posted a TSB from Ford about the lights not working and that there is no fix.

RaptorFun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are the parts I purchased to make the shifter lights illuminate on my 2019 Raptor:

Bulb: FL3Z-13466-B
Wire: 8U2Z-14S411-LA

I had determined earlier I already had the translucent lettering so...I didn’t need a replacement boot. However...if you need the translucent lettering...I’m fairly certain this is the part you need:

Boot: JL3Z-7277-AB

I simply attached the bulb under the lettering with superglue...plugged the bulb into the mating connector on the wire and spliced the wire into the ambient light wiring of the nearest cup holder.

Now...please don’t flame me as I’m aware this topic is not that relevant for a lot of forum members. Since I already had one of the three parts needed...I simply investigated on how to make this work.

I provide this information to help anyone else interested in illuminating their shifter lights.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
one of the bad ford decisions

One of, yes. Significant, not hardly.
How about no drain plugs on either the front or rear differential on the company's premier off-road vehicle?
How about a plastic shift fork in the transfer case?
How about back-up lights that are notoriously inadequate?
How about a "locking" system for the spare tire that's a complete joke?
How about a "locking" system for the tailgate that's a complete joke?
Compared to these, the absence of redundant illuminated gear indicators is utterly trivial.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These are the parts I purchased to make the shifter lights illuminate on my 2019 Raptor:

Bulb: FL3Z-13466-B
Wire: 8U2Z-14S411-LA

I had determined earlier I already had the translucent lettering so...I didn’t need a replacement boot. However...if you need the translucent lettering...I’m fairly certain this is the part you need:

Boot: JL3Z-7277-AB

I simply attached the bulb under the lettering with superglue...plugged the bulb into the mating connector on the wire and spliced the wire into the ambient light wiring of the nearest cup holder.

Now...please don’t flame me as I’m aware this topic is not that relevant for a lot of forum members. Since I already had one of the three parts needed...I simply investigated on how to make this work.

I provide this information to help anyone else interested in illuminating their shifter lights.
I looked up the Wire: 8U2Z-14S411-LA on Tascaparts.com it shows a 3 wire pigtail. Does it take 2 or 3 wires to make the PRNDM light work. Seems like it would only take 2?

b88f37230955382f141d5b85e169c1ad.jpg

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of, yes. Significant, not hardly.
How about no drain plugs on either the front or rear differential on the company's premier off-road vehicle?
How about a plastic shift fork in the transfer case?
How about back-up lights that are notoriously inadequate?
How about a "locking" system for the spare tire that's a complete joke?
How about a "locking" system for the tailgate that's a complete joke?
Compared to these, the absence of redundant illuminated gear indicators is utterly trivial.
I think there is a drain plug on the rear diff. It’s on the “front side” drivers side of the diff.

Or maybe that’s the fill. I noticed it the last time I was under there spraying my 5763 coat of HDMP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk