Does the shifter light up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SSM 47312 - 2018 F-150 - Floor Shift Transmission Selector Lever - Floor Shift Gear Selection Indicator (PRNDL) Not Illuminated - Built On Or After 17-Jan-2018

2018 F-150 vehicles equipped with a floor shift transmission selector lever built on or after 17-Jan-2018 are not equipped with an illuminated gear selection indicator (PRNDL) on the transmission selector lever assembly. Do not attempt any repairs or replace any parts for this condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sucks....

Howanic

Reaction score
SSM 47312 - 2018 F-150 - Floor Shift Transmission Selector Lever - Floor Shift Gear Selection Indicator (PRNDL) Not Illuminated - Built On Or After 17-Jan-2018

2018 F-150 vehicles equipped with a floor shift transmission selector lever built on or after 17-Jan-2018 are not equipped with an illuminated gear selection indicator (PRNDL) on the transmission selector lever assembly. Do not attempt any repairs or replace any parts for this condition.

Ford Corp. tells me other wise. Who has the right answers? So confused. Does that cover the two USB ports as well?

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the right answer. The floor shift indicator on your 2019 DOES NOT light up.

There is a lighted gear indicator on the dash on the right side of the large tach..

Last edited:

Howanic

Reaction score
I have the right answer. The floor shift indicator on your 2019 DOES NOT light up.

There is a lighted gear indicator on the dash on the right side of the large tach..

well of course it does not light up. That’s why I called Ford Corp. and asked them if it is SUPPOSED to light up. When they say yes then there is a conflict.

I know the gear indicator is on the dash so you don’t need to keep saying that. And I know it’s just a light and it does not even indicate what gear it’s on.

I’m going to go with the company who makes the truck and see where it goes.

coachhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have thought this was something that would be mandated by the NHTSA. My 2012 lights went out and I replaced the entire shifter and voila they are back on.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
THEY DO NOT LIGHT UP on the 2019 Raptors. They are not supposed to light up on the 2019 Raptors. They will never light up from the factory on 2019 Raptors. Period.

Some earlier years, yes. 2019 NO

Keep calling Ford and please let us know how that works out for you.

Where is goes = they do not light up on the 2019 Raptors. See post 10 for details...

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THEY DO NOT LIGHT UP on the 2019 Raptors. They are not supposed to light up on the 2019 Raptors. They will never light up from the factory on 2019 Raptors. Period.

Where is goes = they do not light up on the 2019 Raptors. See post 10 for details...

Pff. I use a flashlight to light mine up!:893karatesmiley-thu

Howanic

Reaction score

Alrighty. Let’s not throw a fit.