Does the shifter light up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HosswayHulk

Reaction score
I bought a 2019 Raptor a week ago and noticed that when its dark out that the shifter indicators on the center console do not light up No P R N D or M they never illuminate. Is that the way they are? Or should I have it looked at, thanks.

4rdFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing on my 2019.

It's been that way on all Raptors built from early 2018. The shift indicators are also on the instrument panel display so Ford probably deemed this as redundant and eliminated the center console shift lights as a cost reduction.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As mentioned above, the light was removed. They are useless as they didn't give you any indication as to what gear you where in.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2017 console shift PRNDM lights at night but does not show what gear shifter is in.

Ford value engineered that out in 2018 prolly saving 25 cents per truck. Beancounters gone wild!

OP
OP
HosswayHulk

HosswayHulk

Reaction score
Same thing on my 2019.

It's been that way on all Raptors built from early 2018. The shift indicators are also on the instrument panel display so Ford probably deemed this as redundant and eliminated the center console shift lights as a cost reduction.

Appreciate it. I came from a 2017 F-150 that lit up so was just wondering if there was a problem.

Howanic

Reaction score
I just purchased my 2019 Raptor a couple days ago, and the first drive in the night I noticed how dark it was and realized my shift knob position and USB plugs did not light up. I have read most of the threads talking about this but I really didn't believe Ford would happen to get rid of these lights when they added so many ambient lights in this truck.

So I called around to a couple dealerships which all told me that other Raptors do not light up and that it is just how it is. I ended up calling Ford Corp. and after a few mins on hold I was told they are supposed to light up. They have opened a case about it and November 1st I will be bringing in my new truck to fix the issue.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just purchased my 2019 Raptor a couple days ago, and the first drive in the night I noticed how dark it was and realized my shift knob position and USB plugs did not light up. I have read most of the threads talking about this but I really didn't believe Ford would happen to get rid of these lights when they added so many ambient lights in this truck.

So I called around to a couple dealerships which all told me that other Raptors do not light up and that it is just how it is. I ended up calling Ford Corp. and after a few mins on hold I was told they are supposed to light up. They have opened a case about it and November 1st I will be bringing in my new truck to fix the issue.

SSM 47312 - 2018 F-150 - Floor Shift Transmission Selector Lever - Floor Shift Gear Selection Indicator (PRNDL) Not Illuminated - Built On Or After 17-Jan-2018

2018 F-150 vehicles equipped with a floor shift transmission selector lever built on or after 17-Jan-2018 are not equipped with an illuminated gear selection indicator (PRNDL) on the transmission selector lever assembly. Do not attempt any repairs or replace any parts for this condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk