Does Size Matter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Been sketching some ideas for a new rack that will mount behind the cab. Have seen a few like that and also a mid roof mount that I think was an attempt to deal with the glare issue. For my tastes I think the behind the cab rack has the potential to look better if you can get the design right and its not to boxy and heavy looking.

One of the bonus features of behind the cab mounts is that you can lay them down flat when not in use. It protects them and also cleans up the aerodynamics over my current setup. I have smacked the hell out of my roof mount on branches and such..

Will let you know when I get something together and you can tell me what you think.

Awesome Grant, perhaps great minds think a like here. I also prefer the over the cab with HIDs and a fold down bar. I have the design in my head, but waiting on MRT to get their plasma table up and running before I start mocking things up. I have a pretty solid plan for a bed rack to incorporate what I need. Again, I just need to get the tools lined up.

I am anxiously waiting to see what you come up with.

I like the idea of the roof lights, because that also gives you the option of running a high approach angle bumper and package a LED bar down low to flood the ground. Pods down on the bumper look great, but also require a larger bumper.

I am going to see what I can work out between now and January. I have to be up at the Sno*Drift rally later in January to work stages or assist rally teams. Going to be way out in the middle of no wheres, in the woods before and after light.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
hey MTUH3 that is the guy i was messing you up with lol see you around. sorry if i messed up your light thread I think RSIworks would do you just fine.

KC HiLiTES

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The ADD Raptor has a good example of this "Light Balance" that has been discussed with LED low on the bumper, and HID up high and back on the bed rack.

5ybyna9a.jpg

OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The ADD Raptor has a good example of this "Light Balance" that has been discussed with LED low on the bumper, and HID up high and back on the bed rack.

5ybyna9a.jpg

I have been paying attention to the a truck since ADD shared it in their SEMA pics.

Makes me wish I had a chance to pull the trigger on an aftermarket bumper when mine was getting replaced, I think I have a pretty solid game plan now. Just need to get the plasma table up and running and get my hands on a bender.