Does Raptor have Active Park Assist?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harlley

Reaction score
I could care less about parking but BlueCruise thread states that MY22 don't have BC due to lack of 4 sensors related to active-parking-assist. So, can anyone reconfirm we have those sensors, and it actually works on MY22?
I Have a 21 Raptor, they aren't going to release Blue Cruise on the Raptors per Corporate, also if you have purchased the 801A package that includes the hardware for Blue cruise. you should be getting a letter or an email about a refund of $795.00 plus sales tax. Also no park assist.

Raptor2022

Reaction score
I Have a 21 Raptor, they aren't going to release Blue Cruise on the Raptors per Corporate, also if you have purchased the 801A package that includes the hardware for Blue cruise. you should be getting a letter or an email about a refund of $795.00 plus sales tax. Also no park assist.
Yeah I got all that but my hopes is that Ford will go greedy af to reap on subscription fees down the road and will allow us to get BC in 2023. If it's software-related of course, but if we're lacking some hardware sensors - that might be a problem. So question is are we lacking those sensors?

Harlley

Reaction score
I have watch many BC videos on you tube and I have observed 2 sensors , one on left side and one to the right of the 6 buttons that are above the display. It's a red light that flickers that your cell phone can see when recording. My Raptor has both sensors, I believe that is Co-Pilot 360 that is included with the 801A package.
Also on my Ford Pass app I had received a text saying that BC is now activated. they since then have deleted that message from my phone. My guess is that because of the Raptors off road capabilities it may not work correctly causing liabilities for Ford,
or they may have to re-program the software to work with Raptors.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I got all that but my hopes is that Ford will go greedy af to reap on subscription fees down the road and will allow us to get BC in 2023. If it's software-related of course, but if we're lacking some hardware sensors - that might be a problem. So question is are we lacking those sensors?
We are not lacking sensors. The issue is that the BlueCruise SW doesn't play nice with all of the off-road suspension sensors in the Raptor. I am not sure why we don't have active park assist, but it may be for similar reasons, or simply due to the fact that the Raptor is wider than a generic F-150, thus, less room for error with automagical parking stuff.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are not lacking sensors. The issue is that the BlueCruise SW doesn't play nice with all of the off-road suspension sensors in the Raptor. I am not sure why we don't have active park assist, but it may be for similar reasons, or simply due to the fact that the Raptor is wider than a generic F-150, thus, less room for error with automagical parking stuff.
The Raptor is definitely lacking the side sensors for Active Park Assist, which is why the option doesn't exist on them--you can literally see that they don't exist on the side of the truck.

It has nothing to do with the width of the Raptor because the programming required to adjust the system for the extra width would be trivially easy to adjust.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptor is definitely lacking the side sensors for Active Park Assist, which is why the option doesn't exist on them--you can literally see that they don't exist on the side of the truck.

It has nothing to do with the width of the Raptor because the programming required to adjust the system for the extra width would be trivially easy to adjust.
Interesting. I always thought we had all of the sensors and that active park could be configured with FORScan at some point. Funny how the Raptor is one of the highest trims with so many features missing.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here i am exactly 1 year later looking at this thread.. thinking my22 would have the tech... why am i here.. reading about something it turns out I do not have..
and the fact that Ford is still removing shit the more they charge, is just absolutely disgusting. want a v8? well, you can pay 50k more (considering the adms and all that ****..) they keep removing all the nice nuances that made this an even more high end truck, worth the almost the 90k they want to charge for it.. we're lucky the things drive as long as we want them to.. soon they'll be like...welllll, you're limited to an hour or two a day and then it just shuts off and you cannot even listen to the radio..

here's the real question for the day.. wtf is that parking button doing there then?? So i can 'navigate' to an overpriced lot? lol...seriously.. that button should be something totttally different.. -

can we vote on that? that is more useless than the autostart stop button...

Chazzersgarage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was really hoping we had Parking Assist. I wanted to take my Raptor down to the park and walk it around. You know, like a pet.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted it so I can let park itself in the sand after offroading.. those open desert parking lots can be a bit*h sometimes.. ppl just can't park, ya know?

I still think that button should have been repurposed for something else.. how about the trail turn ass ist? or programmable short cut for one of the cameras..
I don't know.. anything but a useless... go find a parking lot button.. like seriously?
come on forscan...