Does Dorman make an IWE delete part now???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I reading this correct? It appears this removes the IWE function similar to what the RCV kit does at less cost (It's $90 on RockAuto)? Maybe I am late to the game on this... HAHA

vegascarnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. They are weak, just like the stock IWEs. If you want those, you really already have them. Just plug your vacuum source—done! Ran mine like that for a year.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After all this time, not a single positive review on either the Dorman (retrofit style) or RCV (upgrade style) IWE deletes. Nothing useful on YouTube beyond showing how to install them. I gotta think if I ran RCV and I knew it worked right, didn't make weird noises, didn't wear the front diff, lasted forever, was priced right and was simple to install; and there were MILLIONS of potential customers.... I would do a better job promoting IWE deletes.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
After all this time, not a single positive review on either the Dorman (retrofit style) or RCV (upgrade style) IWE deletes. Nothing useful on YouTube beyond showing how to install them. I gotta think if I ran RCV and I knew it worked right, didn't make weird noises, didn't wear the front diff, lasted forever, was priced right and was simple to install; and there were MILLIONS of potential customers....
Yeah. Other than a few people here I haven’t seen much for reviews either

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Checking other forums, I can only find that most guys just cap the vacuum line and send it. They "delete" the vacuum and leave it engaged and generally claim nothing bad except fuel mileage.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking into it because I just ordered spindle gussets, and as long as I have to take apart everything to install them, (then find someone local who can properly tig weld them), now's the time to consider an IWE delete. 20221224_112002.jpg