Does anyone use Water Treatment Systems for washing your trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im on well-water from ~135ft deep. I have the Kinetico whole house dual tank system with extra filtering on the inlet and outlet, so every fixture gets soft, clean water.

The dual tanks operate one at a time, so while one is back flushing to clean the internal bead media, the other continues to provide clean, soft water. Not cheap, but it’s been in service for ~20 years now with no problems.

I change the inlet filter at ~3 mo intervals and see lots of iron on it. The carbon outlet filter is mainly for any residual taste/sulfur smell so it never gets “dirty”. I change it twice a year anyway. I recommend Kinetico if you have hard water, or too much sediment /dissolved metals in it. “City” water is generally not “clean”.

It works so well that when I sent in test samples, it was as clean as you can get without full reverse-osmosis.

2022 Ruth

Reaction score
Water is super hard around here. To the point it clogs the pipes. I feel ya.

It’s smelly but what I used to do, when I cared, was spray it with a spray bottle filled with diluted white vinegar before drying. It smelled bad but it worked. Any more, if I just dry it fast enough, i dont get too many spots. Spots stick, stain like hell though.

Mwadsworth

Reaction score
I would consider building your own. I did this for my RV to keep minerals from building up i the lines. Cost me less than $100 for a dual filer system. Just a suggestion.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I would consider building your own. I did this for my RV to keep minerals from building up i the lines. Cost me less than $100 for a dual filer system. Just a suggestion.
yeah, if I knew what I was doing or had some usable youtube guidance, I might consider going that route. a hundred to a buck fifty I can stomach... 3-400, not so much.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah, if I knew what I was doing or had some usable youtube guidance, I might consider going that route. a hundred to a buck fifty I can stomach... 3-400, not so much.

I would probably F it up and it would end up costing me more than just buying the product, if I even got it to work.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I would probably F it up and it would end up costing me more than just buying the product, if I even got it to work.

Yeah, I can amplify the install, modify, maintain or fix procedure’s required time investment by 1.5 - 2.5x usually. I’ve found it’s no longer beneficial to measure the effort required in clock time, but instead: beer pints.

Maybe the spotless system doesn’t sound that bad after all.

trentp

Reaction score
I am on a well and have a whole home softener system but still end up with about 250ppm TDS in my water, so I do run a deionizer into my pressure washer, it definitely does its job! Water is at 0 TDS when its on. I got the On The Go mixed bed tank with the bypass valves. I literally just went down the rabbit hole of building out a little washing station too, haha.

F3ED1094-7FB2-4353-A13A-FAC5F5987269.jpeg

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Is it really as simple as hose down, wash with decent car soap/shampoo/etc., and hose off with the treated water - just let it drip dry and no spots. Seriously?

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have the CR Spotless system wall mounted and use it as the final rinse with my Kranzle pressure washer. Resin replacement isn’t cheap, but being able to wash a vehicle during lovebug season without doing a full wash is priceless.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Yes, I have the CR Spotless system wall mounted and use it as the final rinse with my Kranzle pressure washer. Resin replacement isn’t cheap, but being able to wash a vehicle during lovebug season without doing a full wash is priceless.

Thanks @Hagasan41. would you be able/willing to guesstimate cost of resin replacement, and about how many wash/rinse engagements you’re able to get?

I am not going to lie, I hate washing Lucille. She’s a little, how do I say this... “big framed”. If this can cut out the need to blow dry, I’m moving this purchase up on the priority list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20