Does anyone rent WD hitches?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A friend needs his Range Rover towed to the dealer and asked if I could pull it. Total weight will be right around 8K lbs, which means I'd need a WD hitch, and I only have a standard one. I know we can rent a trailer easily enough from U-Haul but what about a WD hitch? I figure if we have to actually buy one, it would be more cost effective to just call a towing company.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A U-Haul trailer isn't going to be setup for a WD hitch. You can't just slap a WD hitch on, it is installed on your trailer as well and configured appropriately.

ETA after: What Range Rover weighs that much? A full size RR long wheel base will have a curb weight of about 5K lbs based on specs

OP
OP
J

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A U-Haul trailer isn't going to be setup for a WD hitch. You can't just slap a WD hitch on, it is installed on your trailer as well and configured appropriately.

ETA after: What Range Rover weighs that much? A full size RR long wheel base will have a curb weight of about 5K lbs based on specs

No range rover that I know of weighs that much, curb weight for this one is 5379, this is running larger tires so probably closer to 5500. But I also need to account for the weight of the trailer.

OP
OP
J

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This isn’t precise to a Range Rover but it fundamentally makes sense. The big question is are you going to tow on a flatbed or use a dolly? I guess that depends on the condition of the RR. If it were me I’d absolutely consider AAA to tow just avoid any heartburn.
https://www.etrailer.com/question-70015.html

It would need to be a flat bed since the RR is all wheel drive, but I agree... Sounds like it's best to leave it to the pros.