Does anyone regret installing 1.5 inch collars??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am considering installing 1.5 inch collars and was wondering if anyone regrets doing it due to the added stiffness and or dampening issues. Let me know your thoughts!

wreckitshaw

Reaction score
I purchased a 35 package truck and immediately put 37s on with a 1.5" collar. I have 0 complaints about the ride quality or any of the issues people mention. I also didn't drive the truck prior to adding all this.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a 35 package truck and immediately put 37s on with a 1.5" collar. I have 0 complaints about the ride quality or any of the issues people mention. I also didn't drive the truck prior to adding all this.
What tires did you go with? Contemplating going with RPG/37
on wife’s 2023. But I’d go with Nitto Ridge Grapplers ( E rated, heavier, taller than BFG AT). Her 23 gets 14.5 mpg( by dash monitor), my 2019 with 35in Nitto Trail Grapplers gets 15.5( down from 16.5 with BFG) not that we drive either one a lot of miles. I guess you wouldn’t know about loss in mpg since you switched straight away.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I regret it, installed the 2.25 and the truck was too high. Installed the 1.5 and the truck is too high. Now I wish they were not there and will eventually do it right.

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
1.5 RPG Collar on a 37 PP, I have no regrets, truck is level and handles great. I will say though, springs were not out yet when I did my collar. even though it is all good I probably would have done a spring if it was available.

wreckitshaw

Reaction score
What tires did you go with? Contemplating going with RPG/37
on wife’s 2023. But I’d go with Nitto Ridge Grapplers ( E rated, heavier, taller than BFG AT). Her 23 gets 14.5 mpg( by dash monitor), my 2019 with 35in Nitto Trail Grapplers gets 15.5( down from 16.5 with BFG) not that we drive either one a lot of miles. I guess you wouldn’t know about loss in mpg since you switched straight away.
I stayed with bf good k02s.