Does anyone here use HP Tuners?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blu808

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious if anyone here uses HP Tuners? I have it and am used to tuning GM cars. I don't have any Raptor tuning experience. Is it similar or another language?

TIA

noorj

Reaction score
Yes! Just picked up my gen 2 this past week, pretty excited to get to logging and making adjustments! It would be great to see more people get into tuning these themselves, but I'll be more than happy to help push that

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the HPTuners tuning setup, but I switched over to Cobb when they finally released their products for the Raptor.

I use the Cobb AccessTuner software and the AccessPort.

I haven’t tuned a GM ECU, only Ford and Mazda. The overwhelming majority on this forum know nothing about tuning. There are a few standouts, but rare. If you insist on the HPTuners, I’ll play along

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t necessarily make broad assumptions.

Some of us don’t have the time to do it anymore. Some of us also recognize that tuning by the seat of your pants is just tuning by the seat of your pants.

I prefer a dyno validated tune and I don’t have a dyno in my garage....

Although... I probably should.... it would be a fun toy.

I have the HPTuners tuning setup, but I switched over to Cobb when they finally released their products for the Raptor.

I use the Cobb AccessTuner software and the AccessPort.

I haven’t tuned a GM ECU, only Ford and Mazda. The overwhelming majority on this forum know nothing about tuning. There are a few standouts, but rare. If you insist on the HPTuners, I’ll play along

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same. I had 3000+ flashes in my suby with opensource tools. Ran as smoothly as a sewing machine.

i put HPtuners on my Cadillac and did a couple adjustments but no real super refinements because I had a baby.

Now I have a 5yr old and an almost 3yr old in the middle of a pandemic. I’m only able to post here while I’m ********.

dynos are just a tool if you don’t have the time to do road pulls. They are inferior in every way. Log airflow and it tells you If you gain HP. Log engine load and it tells you if you gain torque. If you get more air through the engine you’re making more power. If you get higher engine load you are making more torque. A dyno will never load the vehicle the same way as sitting your ass in it and pulling up a steep hill. Work on smoother and higher graphs on those two parameters and you’ll get your best output and best running vehicle.

Last edited: