Does anyone here know a mechanic in the Seattle area?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burntoutaccountant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to redo my front suspension completely. About to order new control arms , springs, and tie rods. It’s a job that if you’re doing one thing you might s as well do the other.

Trying to find a mechanic that won’t totally rip me off.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its not hard to do. just the alignment part you would need to go somewhere. maybe @Jhollowell might know someone if you dont want to do it yourself. maybe @Nex, but doubt he ventures to c0mmie coast of wa.

Last edited:

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with the car stereo company with that stuff being easy, especially the upper arms, shocks and springs. Springs will be difficult without a proper spring compressor and of course the alignment needs a professional. I'd recommend Northstate Auto in marysville as a good shop that i've used quite a bit and have very reasonable prices. They've swapped my LCA's and tie rods as well as one CV axle and also had them flush my PS fluid recently. If you're doing the front end i'd look at the CV's too as the boots tend to tear easily. Super easy to do in the driveway though. If you're mechanically inclined, Stews garage in redmond has lift rental as well as all the tools you could need to do almost anything. They have a professional spring compressor so i was able to swap springs and install 4 rebuilt shocks on my truck in a few hours. I couldn't believe how nice it was doing that kind of work with the truck on a lift. The other option i would look at is Vogue Autoworks. Andy has a raptor and uses it so he's knowledgable with our trucks. I've not used him but he comes highly recommended from others on the FB groups. I'd expect him to be a bit more pricey though.

Where are you located? I'm always down to help out on the wrenching if you want to tackle anything yourself. I'm not an expert but i've done lights, stereo installs, front suspension, bumpers, and CV's. I'd also recommend getting the cam alignment kit for the LCA's. It'll make a huge difference in the ability to align your truck. My shop thanked me the second time they had to align my when i had those installed.

Northstate Auto
4231 76th St NE, Marysville, WA 98270
360-659-3333

Stews Garage

Vogue Autowerks

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I am around Snohomish County if you need help.

Or call Andy at Vogue Autowerks and tell him Shawn set you down. He does work for me when I am too busy to do it myself.