Does anyone have this chase rack? I’m considering getting one but didn’t know how good it was.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first off, where the hell have you been????

regarding this bed rack.... some that are mounted to the bed bolts work fine. its the ones that are only mounted to the bed sides. i had to fix a guys truck with a roof top tent mounted only to the bed rails on our wyoming run last year. have had several come into the shop over the years with loose and damaged bedrails. so based on what i have seen, i cant ever recommend them. im glad yours is holding up though
Army been working me hard bro! But I’m thinking I may be back ;)
Honestly I thought I would break most of the “Shelby” stuff too haha.

D

Deleted member 12951

I have been summoned. I had the WSI chase rack on mine, it only mounted to the top of the bed rails and wasn’t as big as the one the OP is asking about. This was on my GEN1. I will never make this mistake again on my GEN2

6ee0a6a758e4ba2c5ab8cf59fa1ec5df.jpg

Bed moves around a LOT. And it eventually tore from the bottom. I didn’t notice it at first because the rack itself never came loose from the rails, it was all happening hidden until it got so bad that it because noticeable

3f34501bd6cf9b80db91ec4f325e0e93.jpg

7e87e4e7968a4b653ca2998c22ac2f87.jpg

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been summoned. I had the WSI chase rack on mine, it only mounted to the top of the bed rails and wasn’t as big as the one the OP is asking about. This was on my GEN1. I will never make this mistake again on my GEN2

6ee0a6a758e4ba2c5ab8cf59fa1ec5df.jpg

Bed moves around a LOT. And it eventually tore from the bottom. I didn’t notice it at first because the rack itself never came loose from the rails, it was all happening hidden until it got so bad that it because noticeable

3f34501bd6cf9b80db91ec4f325e0e93.jpg

7e87e4e7968a4b653ca2998c22ac2f87.jpg
cause...Jimmy?

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the point of a chase rack anyway? Who are the hell are you chasing ? I don't see the need for a big expensive hunk of weight in my bed!! If it's for lights then put them where they are needed, up front!!

Sano Dano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_0002[22481].jpg Dan Raptor bed cage assem 5[15943].JPG For hard core use in Baja, you will need a rack that is built stout and mounts at the bed bolts.
Mine was designed to add on to a SVC bypass rack, after many miles in Baja chasing for a race team, haven't had one issue.

Last edited:

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The racks at Raptor Assault are at least partially used to mount chase lights up high. The idea is that in a cloud of dust, the truck behind you will see the chase lights and not ram you.

Looks like most racks also mount some gear in the bed.