Does anyone have this chase rack? I’m considering getting one but didn’t know how good it was.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caleb Sousley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another question would be a good bed cover to go along with the chase rack if that’s possible!
Thank you

69B39964-12FD-48B0-893D-3FF009476921.jpeg

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another question would be a good bed cover to go along with the chase rack if that’s possible!
Thank you

View attachment 166166
for offroading, absolutely not. any rack thats only bolted to the bed rails will fail. the vibrations of dirt driving will cause it to loosen and damage your bed. if you arent going offroad, then sure, go for it.
@RDFTS has a couple pics of something similiar that was on his truck

OP
OP
Caleb Sousley

Caleb Sousley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for offroading, absolutely not. any rack thats only bolted to the bed rails will fail. the vibrations of dirt driving will cause it to loosen and damage your bed. if you arent going offroad, then sure, go for it.
Got it thank you! Is there better options I’m assuming for off-road? I don’t plan to off road a ton if any at all but just curious

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its the ADD rack that is also on the Shelby Raptor and offered by ford performance. The one offered by shelby has a dual tire carrier that mounts to it but i have only seen them on the shelby and not offered for sale anywhere. ADD does offer the center mount tire carrier but basically takes up a lot of space. So really, Its a huge light bar mount...
https://www.addictivedesertdesigns.com/ford-f150-raptor-chase-rack-C115802800103

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Got it thank you! Is there better options I’m assuming for off-road? I don’t plan to off road a ton if any at all but just curious

Impulse offroad in utah makes a proper chase rack that mounts to the bed bolts and works well offroad. its the same chaserack that they use to put on the raptor assault trucks ( not sure if they still do).

are you after the look or the light mounting?

for the sake of your bed, if you are looking for light mounting, A-pillar lights will be a better option for offroad, and they won't potentially tear your bed apart while offroading.

if it is the look that you're after, there isn't a good option, as the chase racks are steel, and the bed is aluminum. The bed is designed to flex, the chase rack is not.

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its the ADD rack that is also on the Shelby Raptor and offered by ford performance. The one offered by shelby has a dual tire carrier that mounts to it but i have only seen them on the shelby and not offered for sale anywhere. ADD does offer the center mount tire carrier but basically takes up a lot of space. So really, Its a huge light bar mount...
https://www.addictivedesertdesigns.com/ford-f150-raptor-chase-rack-C115802800103
Didn’t know ADD won’t sell the tire mounts, they are fantastic. I have jumped mine dully loaded no problem.

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disagree. I have been to several events with mine and it is still going strong. Come to TRR in May and see for yourself. ADD has a stiffening bar below the back window so it has good structure. I jump mine with tires and recovery gear in the back.

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you

View attachment 166166
Sorry, couldn’t figure out multiquote. It is kinda gaudy, but definable functional. I have the Shelby one and it is tough. My truck is not a street queen and zero issues. I did mod the tire carriers for wider 37s too. Being able to lower the light bar got me into the house garage too.
Also I still have my full bed for regular truck work, just take out tires. Try moving furniture with a regular bed rack.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree. I have been to several events with mine and it is still going strong. Come to TRR in May and see for yourself. ADD has a stiffening bar below the back window so it has good structure. I jump mine with tires and recovery gear in the back.
first off, where the hell have you been????

regarding this bed rack.... some that are mounted to the bed bolts work fine. its the ones that are only mounted to the bed sides. i had to fix a guys truck with a roof top tent mounted only to the bed rails on our wyoming run last year. have had several come into the shop over the years with loose and damaged bedrails. so based on what i have seen, i cant ever recommend them. im glad yours is holding up though