Does anyone have a Jeep and a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently had a 2019 JLU Moab kitted out. Sold it to buy the wife the Lincoln. I didn’t enjoy rock crawling as much as I needed to take rough trails, fire roads for hunting or shooting locs. The raptor is better at everything but rocks and tight trails compared to the wrangler. Loved the jeep but I love the larger interior, utility, and performance of the F150 more.

Kurtj29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2018 JLUR Rubicon Jeep. My biggest problem with the Jeep is that they are absolutely awful to drive on the road. I remember taking the Jeep out 20 miles into the mountains - doing a really long hike, coming back to the trailhead and thinking - I am too tired to fight that damn Jeep all the way home. I sold it after only having it 10K miles. Buy a used Chevy ZR2 and thank me later.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. Jeeps are strictly off road toys. They suck on pavement. Raptors are toys that are also good on the road. If you're not trailering the Jeep to the trail head, you're doing it wrong.
I would love to but don't have a truck that can drag a trailer/jeep besides the raptor. And my jeep is built to drive to and from. And then have to have place to park another truck/ trailer too.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife's Jeep but she doesn't do anything off road with it. Hell 90% of the Jeeps on the road belong to women. I hate driving it, won't get out of its own way but then again it isn't designed to be quick. My advice is buy a beater Jeep and modify it as you desire. That way when you beat it up having fun who cares.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 24