Does anyone have a Jeep and a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
jeep1.jpg
I put 232k mostly baja miles on my 08 JKU before trading up to the raptor. What a trade up it was! I literally had people that refused to drive in the jeep because it was so uncomfortable. In 2015, I went to MasterCraft front seats, and it was a huge difference in comfort, but the rear was still a backbreaker. I was a forum leader and regional wrench tech over on the JK-Forum for 12 years too, and I worked on this thing almost every other weekend, so it would be reliable in the middle of nowhere Baja. These two vehicles are so different you can't even compare them. In tight trails and rock crawling, the jeep is the clear winner. Anything and everything else, I'm so glad I upgraded to a Raptor. Like mentioned above, if the raptor can be your DD and Jeep for the weekend fun vehicle, you get the best of both worlds.

If anyone is ever interested in turning some wrenches on the Raptor, I'm in so cal, Orange County and always willing to meet up. At about 30K I want to do some basic maintenance such as throttle body cleaning, spark plugs, differential service, transmission service, brake flush, radiator flush. Many of these services are not due until at least 100k, but I am a firm believer in fresh fluids to make the truck last a lifetime. I drop the oil every 4k-5k and rotate the tires as of now. Always good to get to know your vehicle before taking it out on the trails.

tractorman

Reaction score
My wife and I like to do what we call "extreme picnicking". Basically going on some off-road 4x4 trail, generally in the mountains, off the beaten path. For years we always took the Jeep. Since we got the Raptor, my wife always suggests we take it instead of the Jeep purely due to comfort. So unless the trail is narrow, brushy, or has big rock steps (approach/departure angle concerns), we take the Raptor. The 2013 Rubicon sets in the garage with 33k miles on it.

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Rubicon as well, have taken it to the sand dunes several times. Obviously it will fit in tighter places the Raptor won’t.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it was time to get a Raptor , I had the choice to get a gladiator , reading this thread it seem I have taken the good decision. However I remember have rented a 2015'S jeep Wrangler and I wasn't disapointed about comfort...

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had five Jeeps, between CJs, YJs, and finally a JK, I can’t count the amount of hours of fun spent in them with friends and family.
Different strokes. I've hated every second that I've spent in Jeeps. I'd seriously drive a Prius if it was my only other option.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Different strokes. I've hated every second that I've spent in Jeeps. I'd seriously drive a Prius if it was my only other option.
I don't blame you, I hate driving my Wife's 2020 and it's light years above the last model. It's her 5th Wrangler.

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are not for everyone given their primitive style. The newer ones are getting less primitive and more “car” like.